I could tell in this moment we exchanged that he was upset with me. It wasn't my room and I should have also asked, or at least mentioned I was at the dorm. It was a shared room and even if I stuck to the one half that belonged to my boyfriend, the other person should also be aware and all right with it, too. I did feel bad that Adam was upset and it was my fault because at the time I thought it was an all right idea. 

Next to me, Charlie was shuffling in his sleep and I felt his arm slide across my lower stomach. He was waking up and I knew it because he mumbled several faint words, even sounds, I couldn't decipher. His fingers curled below my back as he tucked himself close to me and I stared at the door, kind of just thinking. 

His head lifted as he rubbed his eye. "Was that Adam?"

"Yeah." 

"What'd he want?"

Biting my lip, I debated on telling him and while doing so, I slithered down in the bed. He sat up a little as I slid down and turned to my side, facing him. "I should've mentioned to him I was staying."

I felt his hand rest over my side as I lied my head down on the pillow. "Well, he is your brother."

"Yeah, but he shouldn't have to come back to his dorm and find his sister with his best friend like that...The one thing I told myself when we started dating is that Adam wouldn't-"

"Hey," He lifted himself up to lie on his side as well. "This isn't middle school anymore. We can all handle ourselves and sure he's gonna get hurt, I'm gonna get hurt, you're gonna get hurt, but no one is gonna be hurt forever."

I rose my brow, staring at him as he both made sense and didn't. "But he's my brother. It's awkward for him seeing me sleeping with you." Charlie kind of shrugged. "You know," I rolled toward him, placing a finger to his shoulder. "You didn't tell me you broke your stick yesterday."

He grew quiet just for a second. "That little-"

"Hey, hey." I smiled, liking his reaction but cut him off instantly when I kissed him. "Be nice."

"Yeah, yeah, he's your brother and all." He mocked, lightly rolling his eyes. That caused him a tap to the cheek from my hand as I shook my head at him. 

Tracing circles along his shoulder with my fingers, it got quiet between the two of us and we definitely missed first period. Second period wasn't coming any slower, so I might as well cross that off too. 

I felt Charlie's leg kick between mine, locking with my own as he shifted and rose, hauling the blanket up and over the two of us. With furrowed brows, I lifted a hand to his chest. "What are you doing?"

He shrugged. "Hell, we're late for classes anyway, not gonna get any worst." 

"You're so careless." I hit him and he laughed it off. "No, I mean it, Char."

"Yeah, yeah, Y/N." He lied down between my legs now and I rose my knee, creating a barrier so he wouldn't fall off the edge of the bed. He might be seventeen, but he was still just as clumsy as he was when he was twelve. 

I shivered at his calloused hand running up my bare leg and felt the pit in my stomach begin to form. He was oddly quiet and sometimes when boys got too quiet, you knew something was up and there definitely was. "Charlie?"

"What?" He asked me. Lifting the blanket, he looked up at me and smirked, a childish grin plastered from ear to ear and he pecked my stomach, lifting my sweater. "I missed you, that's all."

Leaning forward, I lifted my arms and wrapped them around him the best I could since he lied lower down the bed than I did. "I missed you, too."

He set his head down on my stomach where he'd just kissed me and I relaxed in the comfort of his touch. His hand cascading up and down my thigh as I ran a hand through his hair, playing with the tips at his nape. 

"My brother's gonna kill me."

"Mhm," He mumbled, probably falling back asleep since the so many hours he had wasn't enough. "Deal with it later."

"Yeah..."

The familiar dorm room brought back a lot of old memories since it'd been the same one Charlie and my brother shared in their freshmen year. In the beginning, I came to the dorm a lot because it was my brother's 'room' in a sense and being his sister, well I did like to bug him and such. Now, I came mostly because of Charlie and at first it did bug my brother, and we argued a lot over it, but slowly we grew out of it. 

Adam learned that his merely younger sister wasn't so young anymore and that his best friend, well, it would always be a competition between them. Some things Adam would win and some things Charlie would win. I won them both.

𝓜𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝔂 𝓓𝓾𝓬𝓴𝓼 𝓘𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें