"Hardly funny and an appropriate question from a college student, Mister Harrison. You're not in highschool, anymore. But since you asked, we began with the 15th chapter. I trust you can find it without Miss Morgan's help?"

He nodded. "Absolutely, Professor." His face went from amused to being serious.

"And you, too. See in my office after this."

At the end of the class I hastily tucked my notebooks inside my bag. Not for long I received a text message from Danika, asking how I was been since we hadn't checked on each other from the past days. Oh, what would be her reaction if I told her about what happened between me and Cris?

My next thirty minutes were spent at Professor Derrick's office, tritely listening as I was being condemned. I was given a special paper as a makeup for my behavior.

"Sorry about all that. I'm Chad Harisson, by the way." The dick earlier came and approached me with a hand. We were exiting the Buckingham hallway and the halls had almost cleared out. I shielded my eyes from the harsh sun as I stepped down the courtyard.

"Come on, I know we started at the wrong foot," he said when I continued to ignore him. "Didn't actually thought professor's gonna take it seriously."

"Well, thanks for proving out that Professor is unhumorous," I replied with sarcasm.

His smile was apologetic.

"Where are you heading?"

"To my next class," I said as I continued to walk.

"I didn't catch your first name, what is it again? Kayla?"

"Yeah."

"Hey, could you stop for a sec?" He held my arm and instantly we halted in the middle of the courtyard. The cool wind blew and felt chilly on my skin.

"What?"

He adjusted the strap of his backpack that hung loosely on his shoulder. "I really felt sorry for what I wrote in that piece of paper—it was meant to be a joke. I'd like to make it up to you, someday. Maybe a cup of coffee in Starbucks?"

I searched for the sincerity in his eyes. In all fairness to him his apology sounded genuine and he looked...regretful, to say the least.

"Okay," I said finally. "You were an asshole earlier and I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself."

He grinned. "Great. How about this afternoon?"

"Not gonna happen," someone said behind us.

I whirled around to see the familiar face of a man even though his eyes were covered with dark sunglasses. To those who were not closely acquainted to him would not probably recognize him in his outfit—dark gray sweatpants and white hooded sweatshirt. With the hood concealing his head and with matching dark sunglasses he almost looked unrecognizable to anyone, except to me. How could I forget those lips and tight, lean jaw?

Cristiano. My brain shouted. What is he doing here? How did he able to sneak up behind us without us noticing?

"And who are you?" I heard Chad asked, sounding irritated and annoyed.

Cris pocketed his fists grimly. "I should be the one who's asking you that question because, you see, from what I have heard and observed, you're hitting on my girlfriend."

Chad looked surprised as I was. Girlfriend? He looked at me again before bringing his attention back to Cris. "It's funny how she didn't mention a boyfriend."

"Because I do not really have a boyfriend." I stated flatly.

"Listen pal, go find another girl whom you can impress with your...err..poor soul," Cris' voice was boring as he gestured at Chad's appearance. "Trust me; you will not make her happy. I bet you can't even give her a proper kiss. Kayla's my girl. You don't look, you don't touch, you don't get to talk to her. That's my job."