And so we ran together three of us hand in hand and one us asking questions.

"'Great pride'? 'Luck in battle'? What does that mean?"

I hummed at the question, having never really thought about it before. Tanjiro beat me to the answer.

"Well, yeah, now that you mention it, it's kind of difficult to explain. 'With great pride', I guess it means that you know your place and that you behave properly so that you're never ashamed of yourself."

"And the old lady is also praying for our safety," I chimed in squeezing Tanjiros hand in silent agreement.

"So what is this "place"? What do you mean, "never ashamed"?" Inosuke was still unsatisfied with our answers. "You didn't accept the prayer either (N/Y/N). Does that mean she's only praying for Denachoo and Pongiros safety?"

I let go of the hands I was holding to fall into step with Inosuke. I grabbed his hand and began my own explanations.

"Remember when we talked about what being a prince was?"

"Yes! You said I was prince of the mountains!"

I felt my smile become pained for a moment before continuing.

"Yea, sure. So how do you think the Prince of The Mountains should act, how can you show that you're the prince without announcing it?"

"By being the best, the strongest around!" I have to admit his enthusiasm was contagious and I felt my smile return full force.

"Yea! So that kind of what it means to have 'great pride' and to know your 'place'" I felt my steps lighten and I became absorbed in my own happiness at being able to make Inosuke understand. Although it was short lived because I tripped.

Instead of hitting the ground of stumbling, Inosuke threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

"Hey! Inosuke! I can walk just fine!"

"I'm just showing my place as prince of the mountains! By being the strongest!"

After being carried most of the way there, we all arrived at Mount Natagumo. It was nearing nightfall, and the lack of sunshine wasn't the only thing giving me the chills.

"Hold up! Would you mind waiting a second?" Zenitsu stopped our party and I finally gave myself time to breathe. Tanjiro, ever the compassionate one, was first to ask.

"What's wrong, Zenitsu?"

"I'm scared, all right?! Now that we're nearing our destination, I'm so scared!" The fear Zenitsu was putting out smelled like a storm was coming, while usually I find Zenitsu dramatic I felt myself nodding along with him.

"Why the hell is he sitting? How creepy is that?" Inosuke chimes in to bully Zenitsu.

"Hey!" I almost felt offended on Zenitsus behalf, he wasn't half as creepy as that mountain felt.

"Who are you to talk, Pig Face?!"

"Zen!" I had to yell back at him for being rude too.

"Don't tell me you're not getting any vibes from that mountain!"

The other boys hummed and the shuffle of their feet let me know that they were looking towards the creepy mountain.