1-the beginning

Have you ever felt that the world is crashing down on you and you have nowhere and no one to rely on? Have you ever felt so hopeless that you just wanted to leave everything behind and go?

That was how Jiang cheng felt when he saw his lover kissing another person in front of his eyes. If you want to know how this happened we have to go back in time.

****
(Five months ago)

"Jiang cheng! Jiang Cheng!"
Wei Wuxian shouted from across the training ground. Jiang Cheng who was busy training his new disciples got annoyed and turned to face him.

"WEI WUXIAN! What is it this time?"

He couldn't believe that his sworn brother despite being married to another clan still had time to get on his nerve. How I wish lan wangji was here to take him away.

Wei WuxianWuxian who had his usual bright smile on his face put his hand around his brother's shoulder.

"I see that you miss me too..ouch..okay okay! I am here to invite you to the sect conference that will be held in cloud recesses the day after tomorrow."

Jiang Cheng looked confused.

"Wasn't the conference supposed to be at Jinling tai? How did the location change?"

"Oh! Earlier we were informed that Jin zixuan has fallen ill and he cannot arrange the conference so brother-in-law volunteered to hold the gathering in guso."

"Wait, zewujun is out of seculation? And How did Jin zixuan get sick? He was just fine a few days ago."

"Oh, brother-in-law came out of seculation three days ago, even lan zhan was surprised to see him. It hasn't even been a year, we expected him to stay there for a couple of years you know. Anyway, about the peacock, from what I heard from juniors, he went to a night hunt with Jin ling and got poisoned with demon-spider venom to protect him but don't worry shijie said that he will be okay."

"He is so careless."

"I know right!"

Although he said that but his mind was still on a certain sect leader who finally decided to end his mourning for his traitor of a sworn brother.

"Hey, Jiang cheng."

"What?"

"Do you know why the conference in suddenly held?"

Usually, sect conferences were once every three months so that the clans can discuss general topics, strengthen their relationships, and of course show off their powers unless there was an emergency. The last conference was just half a month ago and that was why Wei Ying knew that something must have happened in the cultivation world.

"I heard it has something to do with the royal family, but even I don't know the details."

"Royal family??"

Wei Ying was surprised! The royal family has never been interested in the cultivation world. It could be said that both parties lived without minding each other's business.

Even when he died and came back they didn't pay much attention to it. What could they possibly want?

"Maybe it has something to do with Jin guanyao's crimes? Since he almost took control of the cultivation world."

Jiang cheng knotted his brows. It has been more than a year since the Guanyin temple incident and Meng Yao's exposure that has shaken their whole world, especially his since he realized how much he had wronged his brother and how much Wei Wuxian had sacrificed for him by giving him his golden core. He was glad that that lunatic hadn't had a chance to hurt his sister's family and they were able to avoid danger in time or else he would dig him out of his grave and kill him again and again. He broke out from his thoughts and looked and Wei Ying who was still waiting for his answer.

"Maybe, I don't know."

He shrugged his shoulder which made the latter's hand fall off.

"You are so cold cheng cheng. No one is gonna marry you!"

Wei Wuxian pouted and looked at him accusingly.

"When a shameless person like you was able to get married, why can't I marry?"

"hmph...that's because of your attitude that you are still single."

He stuck his tongue out and started to run before Jiang cheng could catch him.

"YOU! WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!"

****
(Two days later-Guso)

Jiang Cheng landed at the gate of cloud recesses with two of his right- hand men and was greeted by one of the guso lan disciples.

"Greetings sect leader Jiang. I will guide you to the guest quarters."

Jiang Cheng nodded and begin to follow but halfway through the way he encountered someone who he hadn't met for quite some time.

That person was wearing a white robe with minimal cloud patterns at the end of it, while gusu lan's headband was dancing flawlessly on his pitch-black hair. He had his usual majestic smile and the same gentle and calm aura around him.

That person seemed to feel their presence and turned to face them. His smile brighten when he saw Jiang cheng and walked toward him and bowed in greetings.

"Greetings sect leader Jiang."

Jiang Cheng also bowed.

"Greetings sect leader lan. How are you fairing?"

"I'm good. Thank you sect leader Jiang for your concern."

Jiang Cheng nodded in return. This person was indeed the number one cultivator in the cultivation world. He had a face bestowed by the goddess of beauty herself and his cultivation was also very strong but due to his calm and gentle attitude he didn't have any enemies and everyone liked or at least respected him. He was exactly the opposite of Jiang cheng.

"You must be tired from the travel. I won't take your time please rest."

"Thank you sect leader lan for your consideration"

He then bowed and followed the discipline. Little did he know that the other sect leader's eyes never left his figure until he disappeared from his sight.

——————————
Hello everyone
thank you for reading this story. This is just the beginning of my story so pls read at least 5 chapters before you decide to drop it or not I assure you this story will be different from any xicheng fanfic you have ever read😉

Don't forget to vote ❤️
And leave comments 📝