Chapter 1: The Invitation

-Adrian's POV-

I wake up in my apartment, excited for the date for Rebecca. Grabbing my tuxedo and closing the door of my apartment. I walk down the stairs and saw Maxine talking to the phone. I quickly go infront of the counter. "Hi Max" I said and gave her a smiled. She looked at me and put down the phone. She gave me a smile.

"Oh hi, are you excited?" She asked, and she looked more excited. I raise my left eyebrow.
"You look more excited than me" I said
"I'm just proud you" Maxine smiled.
"Thanks. Is my car parked infront of your apartment again?" I thanked and asked
"Yeah and go now and good luck" She said and push me to my car. She opens and close the door.
"Good luck" She continued and and I start the car.

I drive the car to the famous restuarant. Rebecca is actually waiting for me there. When I was driving, I saw conduits actually using their powers to do their job and do good. I saw a man just fly pass me. I saw people using their speed to clean stuff. And people with neon powers just make new york city cool, and beautiful. They just run around the city. Suddenly a call just arrived. I accept the call.

"Hello?" I asked at the phone
"Adrian it's me JM." JM replied at the phone.
"Oh big bro, what do you want?" I asked
"Oh I'm with Ranee and Phil at the movies. We have actually no have time for you this year, so maybe we should invite you." JM said and I frowned.
"Sorry dude I have no time for you so I was hoping that we can do it tomorrow?" I asked and the phone went off. I throw my phone to the next seat. I was realizing that I really have no time for my friends and I was wasting time for my Girlfriend. I reach the restaurant and went inside. I saw Rebecca sitting a chair waiting for me. I quickly sit down to the chair. She looked at me and smile.

"Hey" She said.
"Hey" I said but not energetic.
"So how are you doing today?" She asked
"Fine, Fine" I smiled. I looked down.
"You seem like you have a problem?"
"Yeah, It's about my friends. I was hoping like I have more time from than them" I explained
"So do you want to more fun with your friends?" She said and I nodded.
"Well in that case, I will give you more time with your friends" She said and I smiled
"Really? Thanks" I thanked her. After that we waste our time together in the date I hope JM was not mad at me. After the date I ran back to my room and make invitation and run to the movies.

-JM's POV-

"Will he watch movies with us?" Phil asked and Grabs the popcorn on the counter.
"No, He busy." I said and cross my arms. I can't believe Adrian have no time for me. It's been a year.
"Is there anything we could help?" Ranee asked and I shook my head. I hide my phone in my pocket and go inside the theater. Suddenly a flash of light just pass our way.
"Did you guys saw that?" I asked and we all stop walking.
"Yep. A conduit?" Phil asked.
"Yes, a fast one" Ranee replied.
"Check if he stole something." Phil said and we check everything. Inch by inch. Until I feel something in my pocket. I grab it and I saw a card.
"Hey guys I think He didn't steal something" I paused and their attention caught to me.
"He gave me something" I slowly read the card.
"Dear Guys,
Sorry I have no time for you so I've plan something for tommorow. Meet me at the west deck. And please bring Travis, Joelito, Lovenyl, etc. Sorry for not spending time with you guys.
-Adrian"
"Are you coming guys?" I asked
"Are you kidding? Yes. Were gonna waste time for him. I'm gonna tell my family about this after the movies" Phil said.
"Sure" Ranee continued. We walk inside watched the movie. It was so quite but alot of people inside.
I just hope That Adrian wasn't mad at me.