Chapter seventeen,

Start from the beginning

"Naheim, Sameer and Majin have hurt me, but they didn't hurt me as bad as you did. The person who encouraged me to go to therapy, to give it a try—went out and bought me that very journal you told me to go write in. I would never throw any personal shit in your face, especially something that had to do wit' the grieving of our uncle,"

"Your misplaced anger revealed your true colors, I do not forgive you, Nazim. And if you have a problem wit' that, go put in a letter and send it off to Dante—tell him because you have directed your anger towards the wrong person, that you have now ruined your relationship wit' your li'l sister,"

Luvie picked up her phone from the bed and looked at the screen as it vibrated. She wiped her eyes and reached over to grab her purse. "I'm done talking about this, I want to put this behind me. As long as mom and dad like him, that's all that matters to me," she said, opening her door and gesturing for him to get up.

Nazim got up without uttering another word, passing by her out of the room. Before he could make it any further though, he paused to look at her. "I really am sorry, Sioni. And you not forgiving me won't stop me from being your brother," he lastly told her before continuing on down the hall.

Luvie shut the door behind her and followed him down the hall, passing by her brothers. She didn't bother to tell them bye as they already knew where she was going. Despite the tension, Luvie wanted them to know where she was so they wouldn't have another situation like the last.

She walked out of the house, shutting and locking the door behind her. She made sure her eyes were dry as she made it to the car.

"Hey," Luvie spoke as she got into the back seat, placing her purse in her lap.

"Hey pooh!" Tyra turned around with a wide smile, however, her smile instantly dropped. "You okay, mamas?"

"What's the matter, pooh bear?" Faven grimaced as she also turned around to face her.

"Nazim and I had a talk," Luvie sighed, putting on her seatbelt. "He finally apologized and I just got upset all over again,"

"It took him this long to apologize?" Faven rolled her eyes, turning around in the seat. She shifted the gears and drove off onto the road. "It took the rest of your brothers two days after the incident to apologize, your brothers go home Sunday, it took him almost a week to put his pride aside and apologize for being an asshole,"

"For real, was he even sincere about it?" Tyra agreed, directing her attention from Faven back onto Luvie.

"He seemed like he was but I told him I didn't forgive him nor did I accept his apology," Luvie shrugged.

"That's your right, your brothers treated you as if you were a bitch on the street. They were out of line, they don't deserve your forgiveness that easily," Tyra said, reaching into the middle console to find her lip gloss.

"I know, and I still love my brother but I just can't forgive him right now, you know?"

"We definitely understand pooh," Faven replied, sneaking a glance at her through the rearview mirror.

A twenty minute drive later, the girls arrived at the familiar restaurant. Esi's.

Faven pulled into an empty parking space, the parking lot was filled up with other cars, indicating that the business was busy.

The girls got out, Faven locking the doors as they approached the entrance. They walked in to see that the restaurant was indeed packed, families and friends sat together at different booths and tables.

Children's laughter and excitement drowned out the old school music that flowed through the speakers.

"Hey y'all," Anaïca greeted them, as she passed by them carrying drinks on a tray. "Tay and them over there," she nodded her head in a different direction.