EPISODE 3, PART 2: WHAT THE FUDGE

We hit 10k reads on this story, thank you all so much!!

I've never expected from this story to reach that milestone

Lot's of love

-L

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

November 16th, 2022

While Wednesday was cleaning the puke from Eugene's face and clothes, Celia was trying to stop her nosebleed. "Nobody's ever stood up for me before," Eugene said to Wednesday and Celia, which made the redhead feel bad for him.

"You said Hummers stick together," Wednesday responded. "I know this might come as a shock, but I don't have any friends. Except for you and Celia." Wednesday didn't responded to Eugene, probably not knowing how to feel about that comment.

"You remind me of my brother," Wednesday suddenly spoke up, "sans the desire to strangle him every waking moment." Well, that took a turn.

"I didn't know you have a brother," Celia said, her voice muffled due to her sleeve. "As I told you a few days ago, there's a huge amount of facts you don't know about me," Wednesday replied.

Wednesday stood up. "How's your nose," she asked, carefully removing Celia's sleeve. "It hurts a lot, but I'll survive it." "It's probably gonna be a nasty bruise." "I know," Celia sighed, putting her sleeve for pressure against her nose again.

"Now follow me," she told them. "Why?" Celia asked her, curiosity taking over. "I need to know more about this Crackstone. We have a meetinghouse to break into."

"Wait, we?" Celia protested when she and Eugene stood up to follow their friend. Wednesday stopped walking since they arrived at their destination. "Give me your retainer," Wednesday said to Eugene. 

Eugene didn't understood the assignment. "What? Why? Your teeth are really good. Not as straight and white as Enid's, but still-"  "Hand it over."

Eugene removed his retainer from his teeth, and cleaned it with his sleeve. Celia lifted her sleeve from her nose and noticed that her nosebleed was finally over, and that her entire sleeve was covered in blood. "Ah well, shit."

"What if Mistress Arlene catches us?" Eugene asked Wednesday. "Hive code, deny everything," she replied. "That's not hive code!" Eugene protested. "But snitches get stung is," Celia added. "What's the big deal anyway?" Eugene asked.

"The fudge is definitely the best thing about this place," Eugene suddenly said, but stopped talking after Wednesday gave him an annoyed glare.

Celia finally understood where Wednesday needed Eugene's retainer for, when the door to the meetinghouse opened. 

"Stop talking. Keep watch." Wednesday gave Eugene his retainer back, and stepped inside the meetinghouse. 

There was an awkward silence. "What did those guys want from you," Celia said, while she leant against the door. Eugene shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. I was eating fudge and then they suddenly appeared." "You were supposed to give away the fudge as samples." "Oops."

"Thank you for standing up for me, by the way." Celia smiled. "They were annoying me and Wednesday in Weathervane a few days back, I didn't want you to go trough the same."

After standing there for a while, Celia saw from the corner of her eye someone approaching. "Shit," she whispered. "What?" Eugene asked her. "Mistress Arlene is coming!"

Celia acted like she was taking care of Eugene when Mistress Arlene approached them. "My dear Nevermore volunteers, you shan't be here." Celia turned to her, and said: "My apologies Mistress, but my fellow Nevermore student started feeling unwell, so I took care of him."