𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

thea rolled her eyes at the mention of maeve. "for the last time, she is going with jackson."

"thea, we both know that they do not belong together. that girl belongs with you." eric told her.

"what makes you say that? she doesn't even have feelings for me." thea mumbled.

"for a girl with an impeccable gaydar, you sure are blind." eric laughed as he continued to search thea's wardrobe. "maeve wiley is in love with you, not jackson. you can tell by the way that she looks at you, the way that she talks to you, even the way that she acts around you, thea. she doesn't give a rat's ass about head boy jackson marchetti."

thea smiled, a small sense of hope appearing inside her at eric's words. she knew that there had to be some truth to what he was saying. i mean, they did almost kiss. and maeve's walls always seemed to tear down whenever she was around thea. "maybe."

"maybe, my ass." eric muttered before he let out a loud gasp. "oh, my god! i found a dress! i found a dress! i found a dress!" he exclaimed, turning around with a dress in his hands.

thea examined the dress, taking in it's details. it was a short black dress, with spaghetti straps, and gray piping going through it. "when the hell did i even get that?"

"doesn't matter. put it on." eric instructed, gently placing the dress onto the bed before he went into the corner of his room with his back turned.

the blonde girl let out a sigh, standing up from the bed before she started to strip of her clothing. she made sure that she was careful with putting the dress on, struggling to zipper the back up before she went over to where her mirror was. she smiled when she looked at her reflection, twirling slightly so that she could get a better look. eric effiong was a gift from whatever being was in the cloud.she then slipped back on her doc martens.

"you can turn around now." she told eric as she sat down at his desk.

the colorful boy whirled around, an excited smile on his face as he approached thea. "are you ready?"

"yes." thea nodded, mirroring eric's smile.

about thirty minutes later, eric was finished with thea's makeup. she had to remind him not to go to heavy since she barely like wearing makeup. with that, the two went down stairs, entering the living room where his family was. the effiong family consisted of eric, his parents, and his four younger sisters. thea and otis were rarely ever at the effiong residence, but whenever they were, eric's parents were always so kind.

"we're going to the dance." eric announced, gaining the attention of his family. they all took in his appearance, thea feeling slightly uncomfortable in that moment. "come on, thea." eric mumbled, turning around so that they could walk out of the house.

"wait." abeo called, making the two teens pause. "i'll drive you."

eric nodded, watching his father get up from his chair and walk towards the door. with that, eric and thea followed after him, the latter quickly waving goodbye at the rest of the effiong family. she got into the back seat of abeo's car. the whole ride to moordale was silent and very uncomfortable on thea's behalf. eric's father clearly wanted to talk to his son, but didn't want to do it in front of her. when they had gotten to the school, thea was quick to get out of the car, eric being right behind her.

"eric, wait!" abeo called, making the boy in question turn around. "are you sure you want to go in like this?"

"yes." eric nodded.

"are you sure you're sure?"

"yes." eric repeated before he stopped walking, also making thea stop. "why? what's wrong with it?"