Saw and Found

Quentin looked down from the attic's edge. The wind was howling, rain had started to surge down on the neighbourhood, but that's not what bothered him. Down below, standing in front of the house with his hands on his hips and looking up at Quentin was the missing person he was looking for, Theodore Masters Peterson. He looked confused and slightly angry at the same time. Quentin didn't know what to do now, he had locked eyes with Mr Peterson. The missing person he's been trying to look for has just appeared out of nowhere like nothing ever happened. Quentin let go of the crow costume he almost forgot he was holding and let it drop to the dusty floor of the attic. The doors were flapping violently as if they were warning him not to go down, but his curiosity piqued as he carefully walked towards them. He had to find out just how and why Mr Peterson disappeared and reappeared like it was normal thing to do. He pushed the flapping doors wide open and slowly climbed down the ruckus of a house. The missing man stood there patiently like if he was the one who should be concerned about this mystery person who'd come looking for him. Quentin made it down safely, albeit being quite dangerous, especially in this weather. He paused a bit to think. Why did the weather change as soon as he grabbed hold of the crow costume? He brushed it off as a coincidence and slowly made his way towards Theodore. He knew about his past, and he knew he was unpredictable, but he made it to where he was standing about two metres from him. He looked a bit different from his pictures. Older, paler, a little skinnier and more tired. Quentin was too distracted at taking in what he was looking at that he didn't notice the shovel Mr Peterson was raising. At the very last moment, Quentin yelled in fear after seeing the shovel come swinging down at him. It hit him in the head, very hard, and he stumbled back a few metres before collapsing onto his knees, right then and there. He winced as he rubbed his hurting head and looked up, seems like some things haven't changed with this strange man. His head started to spin and he felt like throwing up. The oxygen seemed to have been sucked out of the air as Mr Peterson raised the old shovel again. Quentin flinched and covered his head with his hands, knowing what was to come. He was shaking, not because of the fierce wind and raging rain, but because this could well be the last time he ever sees the outside, let alone be the last time he ever sees. Quentin shut his eyes tight, knowing this could very well be the end. He didn't want to be tortured, he didn't want to die, but this man standing metres before him clearly said otherwise, even if he didn't speak it. The man he'd been worried about is now the man he's worried of. Tears rolled down his face as the piercing winds shots through the neighbourhood. Theodore's footsteps grew closer and louder as Quentin stayed on the ground, clenching his head like it would save his life. He heard the man swing the shovel a few times before he heard him tapping it on the ground.
"I don't want to kill." A gruff voice spoke.
Quentin opened his eyes.
"Nor do I mean to kill."
Quentin looked up to see Mr Peterson standing with the shovel over his shoulder. He wasn't sure whether he should stay on the ground, protecting himself, or get up and introduce himself to this oh-so-"friendly" person. Theodore kneeled down so he could get a bearing at what he'd done to this poor man.
"Sorry 'bout that. Self-defence" Mr Peterson said bluntly before getting back up.
Quentin scoffed at this, earning an eyebrow raise from the older man. The pained man removed his hands from his head and slowly stood up, struggling a bit, but managed to stand up straight. After a bit of processing what the actual heck just happened, he spoke.
"T-The name's Quentin" he said a bit nervously, holding out his hand as a friendly gesture.
Mr Peterson stood there before he shook his hand and spoke "Theodore Masters Peterson, but it seems like you already know that."
Quentin gulped a bit at that. Yes, he knew Mr Peterson, but only from papers and reports he'd read during his investigation on him while he was missing. Maybe he has changed.