"The King's sole heir once again. Might we drink to our future?" Mysaria muttered.

A man bangs his hand on the table and yells at everyone to be quiet as Elaena wiggles her eyebrows to Daemon.

"Your Prince will speak!"

Elaena rolled her eyes, "Silence!" She yelled and everyone immediately obliged, the music stopped and everyone looked at Daemon.

Daemon smirked at Elaena as she tilted her head slightly to the side, "The stage is yours, Prince Daemon." Elaena muttered.

"King and Council have long rued my position as next in line for the throne." Daemon started and stood up, "But dream and pray as they all might, it seems I'm not so easily replaced. The gods give just as the gods take away." He continued, "To the King's son."

Everyone cheered and drowned themselves in alcohol. As Elaena was getting intoxicated, she took over the small platform in the center and started to dance, sensually. Her hands slithering all over her body as everyone erupted in cheers, their eyes clouded in lust openly gawking at her as she continued to move her body smoothly like water. Shortly, women joined her and danced with her both naked and with clothes, but no men dared to approach her for everyone knew what would happen if they did, no one wanted to face the wrath of Daemon for touching his precious daughter, his wildfire. They celebrated all night long, draining their cups and filling it back with more alcohol and indulging in their desires.

In the morning, Viserys and his small council gathered with Rhaenyra as the cupbearer, filling the cups of the Lords and listening to them.

"Before we begin, Your Grace, I have a report I feel compelled to share. Last night... Prince Daemon bought out one of the pleasure houses on the Street of Silk... to entertain officers of the City Watch and other friends of his." Otto started, "He toasted Prince Baelon. Styling him... 'The Heir for a Day.'" He continued, "I corroborated this report with three separate witnesses. The evening was, by all accounts a... celebration."

Rhaenyra's hold to the jar tightened hearing what Otto said.

"Is Elaena also there?" She asked, earning everyone's attention including Viserys.

Otto was silent for a second before answering her, "Yes, Princess. We all know that wherever Prince Daemon is, Lady Elaena is always with him." He answered.

Rhaenyra swallowed a lump forming in her throat as betrayal rose within her.

"Find them both and have them go to the Great Hall. They both need some questioning." Viserys ordered and the knights immediately moved.

That night, Daemon and Elaena walked towards the Great Hall.

"I think that cunt with a withered cock did say something to Viserys." Elaena muttered, earning Daemon's attention, "No, it's not think. He did say something to him for our presence to be needed at this late hour. God, I wanted to sleep." She added as Daemon chuckled.

The doors to the Great Hall opened and the two descended the stairs, there Viserys was sitting on the throne, wearing his crown and holding his sword, Blackfyre. Elaena was walking behind Daemon and didn't even greet nor give Viserys a glance. For Elaena he wasn't worthy of any of her attention.

"You cut the image of the conqueror, brother." Daemon stated.

"Did you say it?" Viserys asked.

"I don't know what you mean." Daemon answered.

"You will address me as 'Your Grace', or I will have my Kingsguard cut out your tongue. 'The Heir for a Day.' Did you say it?" Viserys asked once more.

Daemon glanced at Elaena which she also did.

"We must all mourn in our own way, Your Grace." Daemon replied.

"But instead of being by my side, or Rhaenyra's..." Viserys paused and looked at Elaena, "...you chose to celebrate your own rise! Laughing with your whοres and your lickspittles!" He continued, shouting at both of them.

Daemon immediately blocked Elaena with his hand as he felt how she was shaking with rage, the fire in her eyes as she glared at Viserys.

"You have no allies at court but me! I have only ever defended you! Yet everything I've given you, you've thrown back in my face." Viserys muttered.

"You've only ever tried to send me away. Send us away." Daemon countered, "To the Vale, to the City Watch, anywhere but by your side. Ten years you've been king, and yet not once have you asked me to be your Hand!" He added.

Elaena was glaring daggers at Viserys as she closed her fist, tightly that she could feel her nails starting to dig in her palms.

"Why would I do that?" Viserys asked.

"Because I'm your brother. And the blood of the dragon runs thick." Daemon answered.

"Then why do you cut me so deeply?" Viserys asked once more.

"I've only ever spoken the truth. I see Otto Hightower for what he is." Daemon stated.

"An unwavering and loyal Hand?" Viserys questioned.

"A cunt." Daemon replied.

"A leech." Elaena seconded.

"A second son who stands to inherit nothing he doesn't seize for himself." Daemon muttered.

"Otto Hightower is a more honorable man than you could ever be." Viserys said, Elaena scoffed, her tongue poking the inside of her cheeks as she thinks that Viserys was blind to see the true intention of his trustee Hand.

"He doesn't protect you. I would." Daemon stated.

"From what?" Viserys asked.

"Yourself. You're weak, Viserys. And that council of leeches knows it. They all prey on you for their own ends." Daemon replied.

"I have decided to name a new heir." Viserys spoke.

"I'm your heir." Daemon stated.

"You are to return to Runestone and your lady wife at once, and you are to do so without quarrel by order of your King." Viserys said, his eyes averted to Elaena, "And Elaena will stay here and have to wed a Lord of my choosing." He added.

"She will not." Daemon quickly disagreed.

"I will not." Elaena said, her voice dangerously low as she stared at Viserys. Viserys admits that this young lady intimidates him with just her eyes, but he won't admit it in front of everyone.

"It is the order of your King, Elaena." Viserys argued.

"I. will. not." Elaena spoke once more without removing her eyes from Viserys, "I would rather get burned alive by Caraxes than wed one of those underserving fuck boneheads." She added.

"Watch your tongue, Elaena!" Viserys yelled.

"You have no right to order me, Viserys. The moment you killed Aemma, you lost me. I would rather go with Daemon and be exiled than be sold and be their fucking broodmare." Elaena stated.

"My decision is final." Viserys stated.

"Mine too." Elaena answered, the Kingsguard unsheathed their sword and pointed it towards Elaena, Daemon quickly moved and put Elaena behind him.

"Take one more step towards Elaena and blood will cover this ground." Daemon said, threateningly.

"Leave. Both of you." Viserys ordered.

Daemon and Elaena left without glancing at Viserys and the doors to the Great Hall closed.