coronating a king

The pair looked ravishing. Whilst the woman's mother wore all black, due to the recent loss of her husband, the woman wore her kingdoms colour. A light blue bodice, with sleeves that hung from under her shoulders and ended beneath her wrist. Her white skirt matched her heels and gloves. And how could one forget the silver crown that lay upon her head. She swayed and shook slightly as the carriage moved through the South's town. She frowns at the state their town was in, had it always been like this?

You stroll into the hall, full of Southerners. You felt out of place in your white and blue, while you were surrounded by green and gold. Your skirt glides along the floor as you find your seat, as you expected its front row. You fold your hands in your lap, patiently waiting for the ceremony to start. Your mother sits beside you, the black mesh vale covering her face. You nod at her and wait patiently.

You snap out of the little zone you had faded into. You blink your eyes quickly and run your knuckles into your temple. You snap your head up and stare at the ceremony still dragging on. Your jaw loosens and your mouth opens a little. You did not expect this man to look the way he looked, he looked very unlike his father, which was odd. Every man from the South looked like their father. But this man...His father was large and bearish, brown kept curls paired beautifully with a crazy beard. His son, however, was lean and his curls were crazy and unkept, his cheekbones, sharp enough to cut diamonds.

The men did share a few features. They were both decently tall, they both had beautiful olive eyes, and a light dusting of freckles. All attributes to prove that this boy was his son. Before you knew it the ceremony was nearly over and you had spent the entire crowning analyzing this strangely handsome man, you were so indulged in his features, you didn't even catch his name. However, he looked as if he was a massive prick.

You tilted your head slightly at the man who stared out into nothing as the gold touched his hair, you had a bad habit of analyzing people. Your mother said you needed to stop staring at people because it was 'creepy' because of your constantly blank face. Your mother nudges you and soon you're being shooed into the giant ballroom where ceremony would be held, and people would dance and meet the new king and get absolutely waisted. Just as they did during your own coronation party.

Women walk past you and stare, jealous of your crown, or surprised by your colours. The attention was horrible. You would think the townsfolk were more interested in you and your widowed mother than the king this very party was for. Amusing. Your face did not break though, you kept it blank, completely relaxed. It was the right way to react, respectful of the new leader.

Your mother nudges your arm. "Y/n, come now, we must speak with the new king."

"Of course, mother, that sounds...Fun." You say. You walk together up to the throne where Fredrick, Lillian, and the new king stood. You nodded at them all and then proceeded to curtsy to the group. The men bowed and the woman curtseyed.

Fredrick beamed down at you. "Glad to see you could make it!" He boomed. "You are so grown up; you look just like your mother in that dress. And Alison, again, sorry for your loss." He bowed his head. "My other children are out causing trouble, but this is my eldest, Timothée." He gestures at the boy who nods at you.

"Pleasure." You say dryly holding out your hand, he takes it and kisses your knuckles.

"Indeed," he smiles wryly. "I'm sorry, love, I don't think I caught your name."

You keep your face blank. "Sharp." You tilt your head at him before turning to Fredrick. "I need to speak with you about something tonight. Not now, but when you have a second." You press you lips into a thin line and turn to the king. "Oh, and it's Queen l/n to you King Chalamet."

Lmaoooo you a BADDIE

This story is low key fun to write. Yk thos like Jesus tapestries? Yeah, I bought one of Timothée 😍

Tysm for reading, see u next week, get food get water bc you're beautiful!

Until we meet again my pretties

- E