026. the big bad spider

Start from the beginning

roslyn snorted, harry shook his head with a grin as the three walked on in to the forest.

they almost walked in silence, letting the fog surround them and their feet step with the spiders. fang trotting with them. they all just kept walking, all scared but one more than the rest.

"harry, roslyn. I don't like this." ron whined and none of them responded. roslyn and harry were trying to look for where the spiders where heading.

ron whined again, voice cracking loudly "I don't like this at all guys!"

the pair finally shushed the red head, squinting their eyes and paying close attention to where the spiders where scurrying off too. roslyn pointed "they're going under there harry"

harry looked at her before looking back under the branches that curved and made an almost tunnel like pathway that went under dirt. the two heard yet again ron whine "can we go back now?"

roslyn huffed, looking back at him "no! come on ron!"

harry climbed through before roslyn could, roslyn following just after him and ron being last. the three crept through the underground pathway, hearing the noises of the spiders rushing and communicating. even roslyn can admit that the sound was disgusting.

the three exited from under a large tree and it's long roots. ron being relieved they were out of that small tunnel with the thousands of spiders.

they were now in an large open area, walking forward, harry holding out the lantern in front of him, lighting up what's in front of them. they continued walking between all the giant tree roots, getting to a place where they see the spiders go under what looks to be a rock.

then, a noise. a loud russell. the sound of heavy foot prints. it shook the group beneath them, gave the feeling of an earthquake, completely unsteady and unsafe.

"who is it?" boom a loud yet husky voice, a voice that sounded so strained, old and deep. threatening yet it sounded curious.

harry looked towards his friends, barely whispering to them "don't panic."

"hagrid? is that you?" the voice questioned again. when neither of the boys said anything, roslyn swallowed the huge lump of fear she had in her throat and responded "um, no. we're actually friends of hagrids."

the noise continued, the russell, the loud steps, the twigs easily snapping. it continued until the voice finally revealed itself, the three stepping back quickly in fear.

it was a spider. not just any spider, an enormous spider. one that cause fear the moment you'd see it. one that was actually dangerous. it was massive, threatening. deadly. it was an acromantula.

the kids all looked up at it with such shock and great fear, having to force that fear back down their throats.

"and you? you're aragog, aren't you?" harry quizzed the big spider, trying not to appear as scared however it failed miserably.

"yes. " the spider said lowly "hagrid has never sent people into our hollow before."

"he's in trouble!" harry said quickly, wanting to waste absolutely no time "up at the school. there have been attacks. they think it's hagrid. they think he opened the chamber of secrets. like before."

"that's a lie." arogog was quick to say, harshly too "hagrid never opened the chamber of secrets."

"then you're not the monster." roslyn raised her eyebrows at the beast and aragog spoke again "no. the monster was born in the castle. I came from hagrid from a distant land in the pocket of a traveler."