XIV. say i'm happy then cry myself to sleep

Start from the beginning

"Kennedy!" She hissed and grabbed her arm. "Oh my god, tell me everything!"

"I snuck out last night because I couldn't sleep. Took a walk in the woods. Xavier was there so we walked back together. We almost got caught by the housemaster so he dragged me to his room until the halls cleared out. We said some things and one thing led to another. . ." Kennedy explained and then went silent. She looked at Presley and gave a small shrug.

She slowly smiled. "How are you feeling?"

She groaned. "I don't know, Pres. There was a part of me that wanted to kiss him so badly, like I craved it.  Then the other part of me wanted to punch him in the face because he caused this. He's the reason I can't trust him. He's the reason I feel like I can't trust another guy again because I'm afraid he'll leave."

Presley's smile turned into a frown. "Oh, Ken." She paused and stood in front of her. "You know that's not true. You're such a great girl, Kennedy. Any guy in this world will be lucky to have you. Xavier made a mistake but I think it was a mistake that the both of you needed." She gave her an encouraging smile. "Look at you. You're bettering yourself.  You're not relying on other people to make you happy. You're getting out more. You're smiling and laughing again! Do you know how long it's been since I've seen you so happy?"

Kennedy's eyes watered.

"You're allowed to be upset that Xavier broke up with you but think of it this way; he's hurting too. He's trying to better himself also. The break up was good for both of you. If you love him like I know you do, the timing will work out. I promise. What's meant to happen will happen."

She smiled shakily and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you, Presley."

Prelsey smiled. "I told you I'm good at pep talks."

The invisible string somehow lead her to sitting by Xavier in class. Presley sat with Yoko. They looked at each other, both nervous on what to say. "Hey." He spoke in shock because she hadn't sat beside him in nearly two years.

"Hi." Kennedy said back nervously. She locked her hands in front of her on the table. "How's your morning been?"

His lips curled into a smile. "Good. How's yours?"

She hummed and nodded, forming another awkward smile. "Good. It's been good."

"While most plants reward their pollinators with sweet nectar,  many carnivorous varieties turn to sexual trickery or deception," Ms. Thornhill started class. 

Xavier bent over to get his book from his back and he let it a grunt in pain. Kenny gave him a concerned look. "Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah. I just tweaked my back fencing." He responded.

"The orchid produced a pheromone that mimics a female insect, luring the males in."

"Female power is what I call it." Said Presley and the class laughed.

"Thank you, Miss Gonzalez." Ms. Thornhill grinned.  "Now, once the plant is pollinated, what do the male insects get in exchange?"

"Nada. Just like all the guys at the Rave'N." Bianca answered with a smirk.

The students laughed again. Kennedy mentally kicked herself for cracking a smile.

Ms. Thornhill settled them down. "Okay, okay. I know you're all excited about Saturday, which is why I haven't assigned any homework." The class cheered at that.  "But I do still need volunteers for the decorating committee. Anyone interested, come and see me up here."