#𝟮𝟬 hearteyes

Start from the beginning

She was hoping to walk onto set separately, but Finn stayed by her side every step onto set, which she didn't mind, but it only made everybody gather around them.

"Tell us everything." Sadie said to Ryker who furrowed her eyebrows and chuckled.

"I'm as curious as everybody else; I can't lie." Joe spoke to the couple who laughed and looked back at Sadie.

"Did you finally admit defeat?" Maya questioned Finn and watched Ryker look at her sideways and confused as the two were bombarded.

"Are you guys finally dating?"
"Love or Loath?"

"Finn, did you finally ask her out?!" Gaten walked up behind the couple and tapped his shoulder, joining in on the huddle.

Finn could feel Ryker tensing as the group grew wider by the second and the questions got louder and louder from every direction. He put his hands on her shoulders and pulled her back, keeping her behind him so she could breathe.

"Okay, everybody!" Finn shut up the questioning cast mates and looked back at Ryker as she stood closer to him. "There is nothing to tell."

Finn feeling his shoulders relax, he watched Ryker walk over to sit down on the couch of the Byers home set and take a deep breath, giving him a look that indicated she was okay.

"So...are you?" Caleb's eyebrows raised with a smile and Ryker playfully rolled her eyes and looked down at her shoes, avoiding his suspicions.

"No comment."

"Really? You guys wanna be secret now?" Joe furrowed his eyebrows. "Okay! Fine! Keep the secrets from your father! I don't care."

This made the group laugh, Joe making himself laugh and look at Ryker to see a happy smile on her face. It was always an achievement to him whenever he saw he had put a smile on Ryker's face. He cared about her like she was his sister, so it meant a lot to him when he was able to make her smile, even if she wasn't sad.

"There is nothing to be secret about." Finn swore, putting his hand over his heart. "Promise."

Ryker stood up and walked back to the group, standing next to Finn now that she had her small breather and was able to focus on everybody, and now that the rest of them have stopped with the bombarding she could answer.

So, she stood next to Finn and looked up at him, then back at Sadie's eyes, then Joe.

"We've known you two have been in love for years. So, tell us! Did you finally have the courage to do something about that years long mutual pining?" Maya encouraged the two to spill their guts and heard the group chuckle. "So...?"

Ryker looked up at Finn, and back at her friends. Finn gave her a confused look and she wasn't sure what to do or say. Finn kept his word that he wasn't gonna tell anybody if she wasn't ready, so he was letting her do all the talking.

Ryker looked up at Finn and back at her friends one more time before accepting defeat.

"We kissed." Ryker sighed. A half-lie. They did kiss, but she didn't say they were dating. "That's all."

"It's a step in the right direction." Millie promised the girl with a big smile on her face and hugged Ryker tightly. "Wolfhard. I'll kill you if you hurt her."

"I'm terrified." Finn looked at Millie with a blank face, speaking monotonous before he bursted out laughing.

"Well. I guess I owe Millie Twenty bucks."  Noah sighed and pulled his wallet out of his back pocket with a sigh, gently taking the little green papers out and stuffing them in Millie's hand.

"And once again, I win." Millie jokingly said and clutched the money in her palm, smiling smugly as she put the money in her bag. "Ryker, I'm expecting you to tell us everything about the kiss later?"

"And that includes me!" Joe smiled and nodded as he walked over to Finn and Ryker, roughing up her hair playfully before looking over to Finn with a blank stare, arms crossed and expression unreadable.

Finn gulped, looking up at Joe who looked at him sideways.

"You hurt her again, I'll help Millie kill you." He playfully said and grabbed Finn's shoulder, pulling him into a hug as the two laughed together. "Way to go, man!"

"Yeah!!" Finn said through a laugh as he looked up at Joe with sparkling eyes. Joe could tell he was happy. Really happy. And that Ryker was the reason for all of it.

Everybody in the room could see the glow on his face, he was so happy and he never stopped smiling. That's something that didn't usually happen because of Haley, and now he has Ryker, the one girl he's wanted forever.

"Now ask her out!" Joe said to Finn who chuckled and playfully rolled his eyes.

"Stop being a wingman for a second." Ryker joked and walked up to the two after having been talking with Sadie and Maya, clasping her arms around Finn's neck. "My family is coming to visit me while filming. Do you wanna come over tonight and see them all? And meet my baby brother?"

"If you want me to." Finn smiled at Ryker and watched her nod happily. The smile on her face was enough for him to almost break and say 'I love you'. "I'll drive you home tonight?"

"I get aux control!"
"Of course." He gave a sarcastic smile and watched her walk off with Millie and Noah.

"You love her, man." Joe pointed out to Finn who smiled as he looked over at her talking to Noah and Millie. Joe snapped his fingers to bring Finn back to reality. "Finn! Come back to reality."

Finn shook his head and looked back at Joe with a smile on his face. He was a smiling heart-eyed mess, every time he looked at her. "What'd you say?"

"You love her."

He blushed and looked at the ground, then back at her. "I do."

"So, do something about it!"
"I'm trying!"

Ryker looked over at Finn who was engaged in conversation with Joe and she admired him from afar, watching him sneak a glance at her every once in awhile, to which she noticed the corners of his mouth lift the slightest bit each time.

She was so heavily in love with Finn that she needed to be pulled back down to earth when she got lost in his presence, forgetting her surroundings and just staring at the boy with heart eyes from afar, his laugh and voice being the only sound in her selective hearing range.

"Ryker!" Millie's voice and snapping fingers jolted Ryker back to reality. "I know you like him, but stop tuning out the world when you look at him."

"Mills-" She said through a laugh and looked over at Finn once again. "He's perfect."

"Yes, yes! Finn's great. Now! Sadie, Maya, and I will be waiting in your trailer at lunch for you to tell us everything."

"Okay?" She looked confused and chuckled before she looked back at Finn who sent her a smile and mouthed 'Good luck.' She waved at him and smiled before walking off set.

She had expected to be bombarded with questions from her cast mates once again, but mostly interrogated by Maya. But she didn't know how wild it would be.