John Doe x Reader

If anyone doesn't know or remember, in the John Doe game, the player is referred to as 'You'. So, instead of using [Insert name], I will be using 'You' whenever Doe is addressing you other than when he/they use a pet name. Also, it might come off this way but, I am in no way attempting to depict Doe as a bad person. I simply feel like it would be natural to react in a way described in the oneshots as it is to anyone in real life if they were actually being stalked this intensely.

I will also be using He/They pronouns for Doe since he is cannonly genderfluid and most people including the creator refer to Doe as he/him. But, the use of They/Them pronouns will be presented more in the oneshot.

I'm skeptical about publishing this. For a good reason as well. When this gets published I'll probably think about taking it down. Probably. 

You could feel your heart beat against the inside of your chest. The extreme amount of adrenaline that your body continued to produce had you shaking within your skin. Despite the fact you had been breathing quite harshly, you did your best to muffle your exhausted panting as you tried your hardest to stay hidden. Your back was to the cold, hard brick structure of a large building you ran into while running from your stalker. It seemed they had finally run out of patience for you and were ready to catch their prey. Unfortunately for them, you had an extreme flight response to these kinds of situations. Sometimes you didn't even know your body had already responded on instinct until you found yourself fleeing the scene you had just been at. But as of the current situation, you couldn't run just yet. You needed to make it somehow seem that you were no longer anywhere to be found. "My love~?" Your stalker called to you, their voice seemed to echo off the walls of the surrounding buildings. As much as you would have wanted to tell them to go the fuck away and leave you alone, you knew that by how long they've been chasing you (Metaphorically and literally), they were all too committed to finding you. Your "Where did you run off to my love?" They called to you again, expecting an answer you'd never give. The footsteps drew closer to your hiding spot. "Fuck..." You mumbled as quietly to yourself as possible before your eyes darted in multiple directions, in an attempt to seek out a place you could move to or even a way you could escape from your current position. You quickly spotted an opened spot in a darker half of where you were standing, A small alleyway that was rather crowded by random objects that had been thrown around including some crates that you could possibly fit under. So, with a bit of hesitation at first, you did your best to quickly run over to one of the crates. It seemed to be your luck that it didn't take much effort to lift the lid. You quickly then hopped in the crate and slid the top back into its original place. The inside of the crate was clearly dark and extremely cramped. You had no way of seeing the outside as there were no holes. Unless of course you wanted to take the risk of being caught and move the lid over. Which was not happening. You once again attempted to steady your breathing. But, it would suddenly hitch as you heard the footsteps again. They were much louder and faster. "You? I heard you run over here my love. I know you're still here~!" They said, inching closer with every step. Although you remained silent, you could help but notice how familiar their voice sounded. You swore you've heard it somewhere before. The tone of their voice definitely rang a bell in your head but the bell obviously wasn't loud enough. Besides the quiet footsteps of your stalker, along with your potential murder at this point, it was quiet. Disturbingly quiet at that. After the footsteps had finally ceased, you waited silently for a few moments until you were sure your stalker had wandered away from your hiding spot. So, slowly, you pushed up on the lid of the crate, quietly sliding it off to make a large enough gap where you could get out, then slid the lid back into its place as you did before. You quickly took a swift look around at your surroundings. From as far as you could tell, the person chasing you had left. You heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank fucking god..." You mumbled quietly to yourself. You almost felt as if you wanted to smile at your small yet potential life saving achievement. But, unfortunately, you must have celebrated too soon in your mind. You walked over to the side of the building where you hid originally, not fully revealing your body, but just enough to have your head far enough to where you could inspect the other side. To your luck, the scene was completely empty. No one in sight. Not even a single car passed by. With this new burst of hope for your freedom your body seemed to react for you, moving your legs before you could even think.