I Pick My Poison And It's You.....

Start from the beginning

"Am sorry I really need to get this, it's my mom." Klaus sighs and let's go, while I walked away from him, for my mom to be calling this late something had to be wrong. "Hey mom, is everything okay?" I spoke as I opened the door to go out into the hallway, I know I just killed a really romantic moment, but with the way things are with my mom right now I wanted to be there for her.

"I just wanted you to hear this from me first, but I spoke to your dad about him taking the cure—" I felt my heart stop for a moment as she mention him taking the cure."—and I told him that I can't let him do it, not until he had everyone talk him out of it, even by himself..." I was literally speechless, but I was relived about it that she was making him think about this huge decision and allowing all of us to speak to him beforehand.

"Oh wow, I bet he didn't take that well." I could imagine the look on his face when she told him that, my dad wasn't one to listen to others, he would always jump in head first. This wasn't something that could be reversed and more importantly he needed to hear what Nico and I thought about all this, I certainly have mixed emotions about it, I have no idea how Nico will react to any of this.

"That would be an understatement." She spoke with sorrow in her voice. "Isabella, I don't want him to resent me, because he not doing this because it something his always wanted, he doing for me. I can't have that hanging over my head." She was really opening up to me, I guess I understood why she felt like that, what if they go ahead with this and it's not what my dad expected, would he actually hold it against her? "I'm holding a lot of resentment right now Isabella, do you know how hard it is for me not to go down that basement and stake Natalia for what she did to me." I couldn't have her getting wound up right now, she might go ahead with her threat, the thing is she fragile now if Natalia attacks her she could get hurt or worse dead.

"I think you did the right thing, dad needs to hear everyone out—" I began to say but she cut me off in mid-sentence.

"I know I've been given a second chance in life, and I know I sound ungrateful, but a human life isn't what I wanted..." My mom was literally pouring out her heart to me and I didn't know what I could say to make her feel better. I turned around to see Klaus in the doorway looking at me with widen eyes, I knew that he had heard anything.

"I know mom, we figure something out, just leave it with me." I tried to keep my voice calm so she didn't realize that I was freaking out by the fact he knew what had happened.

"It can't be reversed Isabella, this my life now looks like I only have last train ride...." She sighed, I knew she hated the fact that this had happened to her, if I knew of a way to reversed it all I would. There had to be something out there about it. "Look it's late, I'll see you tomorrow." Before I could say anything else she hung up the phone, I slowly put my phone into my pocket as Klaus stood there looking at me intensely, waiting for me to say something.

"I guess you heard all that?" He folded his arms, and he didn't look impressed, I didn't want him to be mad at me and he had to understand this wasn't something I could just blurt out.

"I have impeccable hearing, now will you explain to me how Siena attained the cure to become human, and what Natalia has to do with it." It looks like this was going to be one long night, maybe talking to him about all this might bring me closer to a way to help my mom.

So I confessed everything to him from beginning to end, from Caroline having me hostage and under the knife forcing my mom to turn it all off, the point where that so called grandmother of mine forced it down her throat. Klaus wasn't saying much which was a lot scarier than him losing his temper, all he did was sit there and listen while nodding his head. With all the talking and telling him how I felt about it all, that I didn't see how this could possibly happen, I eventually fell asleep.