The Past

Giyuu felt weightless like he was no longer a being of blood and flesh but of air and nothing more but it was...
.
Euphoric?
He didn't know but a part of him didn't want to know,
Times like that always take him back to the smell of simmered salmon and fresh water back to Tsutako-nee's kind words and voice and back to the day she was taken from him.
Back to Sabito's cheerful yet demanding voice to the talk he had with him when he said that he would denounce their friendship if he died by his own hand back when he carelessly took for granted Sabito and Urokodaki's open arms and open hearts,

Then to the day he woke up to the words of a boy much younger then himself telling him that sabito hadn't survived the final selection sacrificing his own dreams for the safety of others.
Such foolishness,
Swearing on the dead to kill all demons,
allowing one to survive and them now, becoming the one thing he hated more then himself.

How pathetic of him,
Of Giyuu Tomioka,
The "great" Water Hashira,
The person who was supposed to be strong enough to protect others but failed to do so time and time again.

"Are going to sit there and complain or you going to be a man and GET UP."

"Please...get up, Giyuu"

"Tomioka-san...please get up, this is not the end..."

How could he...
'I'm too weak, please just let me die now...'

"Are you seriously giving up now? Get up, or was my sacrifice not enough? The battle is not over and Muzan's not dead, get UP"

'Sabito...Tsutako...Rengoku'
His lungs felt like they were on fire, everything was bright, everything hurt...
He didn't feel like himself, he felt inhuman...

"HE'S AWAKE!———"

He couldn't hear coherent words, nothing was real but he felt...
calm
White noise filled his ears and he felt nothing,
like a calm mist washed over his mind and body.
Who knew having your sanity slip could be so euphoric,
And he felt calm like he was back listening to Tsutako humm a song he didn't understand.

"TOMIOKA-SAN—————"
A buzz, red, green, tears, blood, Blood BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD

'I want the buzz to stop can everything just SHUT UP'