Enough is Enough

I was making breakfast

I was making breakfast. Addison was drinking coffee. I started plating up breakfast.

"Alex, get your ass out here," I yelled.

"Why are you yelling?" Addison asked.

"Because he's deaf," I said. Alex walked out in his pyjama bottoms. I threw a shirt at him.

"What did you make?" Alex asked.

"Bacon, eggs with sausage and breakfast potatoes," I said.

"You're awesome," Alex said walking to the fridge to grab the chocolate milk. "Do you want a glass?"

"Yeah," I said. We ate and Alex headed back to the bedroom to get ready. I packed my bag and took my meds.

"Let's go," Addison said.

"Alex, lock up when you leave," I yelled.

"Bye," Alex yelled. Addison and I left.

Timeskip

Meredith, Cristina, Izzie, George, Alex, Dr Bailey and I were outside the hospital at the ambulance bay with some nurses. An ambulance rolled in.

"Male, 55, victim of a head-on collision. GCS is 3. Depressed skull fracture. Multiple internal injuries. ACLS protocol started, but was vein blew so we've been pushing meds down the tube. PEA on arrival," The medic said.

"How long has he been down?" Dr Bailey asked.

"We've been doing CPR for about 20 minutes. It took fire 20 minutes to get him out of the car. He's pretty much gone," The medic said.

"Uh, he's not gone until we say he's gone. Keep coding," Dr Bailey said. The medics started going inside. "O'Malley, get him into a bay and save him,"

"But he's dead," George said. Another ambulance came in we made our way over to it.

"Did you not hear me? He's not dead until we say he's dead. You know what to do so do it. Uh, Grey, you're on this too. Move," Dr Bailey said.

"We've got three more victims from the other car people coming in. Let's move people!" A medic from the new ambulance yelled.

"Male, 46, unrestrained driver of the car that jumped lanes. BP 80 over palp. Tachycardic. Last pulse 1:38. Got two liters of LR running wide open. Significant abdominal tenderness," The next medic said.

"Any history?" Dr Bailey asked.

"Uh, wife says he's got a bad liver. He's on the, ah transplant list," The medic said.

"Abdomen's rigid. Okay, hand's off. We need to page Burke and Domner. Prep this guy for the O.R. Who wants him?" Dr Bailey asked. Alex, Izzie and Cristina raised their hands.

"I do!" The three said.

"Uh, too late. Stevens, take it," Dr Bailey said. "Karev, take the boy. Yang, you take the mom. I want to be looking at their films in 15 minutes!" One of the ER doctors knocked the pane of glass between us.