If there was anything that Shirou had learned in the Clock Tower, it was that Waver wouldn't let research projects step over the boundary of inhumane. If a bottom line was threatened to be crossed, Waver would be the first to interject.
Being as Waver signalled to Shirou that it was okay, Shirou could only keep his doubts to himself and believe that Reines by extension from Waver wasn't an unethical magus.
"Good! Then we are agreed. I'll have the first batch of assistants at their soonest availability, and oh, do know that if anyone tries to poach you with the surname Sophia-Ri, be sure to rub it in their faces that you are assistants of the Elmelloi."
"Uh, sure," The Demi-Human representative, Belut Wildman, agreed absently to such an odd request, but he quickly shook his head. "Then you all should fulfill your end of the trade first. The Warrior Bunnies led by their Queen are on the verge of defeat. Our team stationed here was supposed to be their reinforcements, but with our numbers now, we don't amount to much. We need you all to go with the advance team in the morning and provide your aid."
"Of course. An Elmelloi never goes back on their word, and this sounds kind of fu- I mean most pressing." Reines took everything in as if the matter were already settled. She coughed lightly into her hands to clear her throat before pushing out her chest and assuming an authoritative stance. "We'll rest now, and then head south in the morning to the Warrior Bunny Kingdom."
When Reines spoke, most of her attention was on Shirou, daring him to just take off in the dead of the night without her.
She obviously didn't know if he would actually do this, but she found it prudent to silently warn him to behave.
Shirou could only nod and restrain any rash impulses.
Ulterior motives or not, it spoke something of Reines's character that she'd hash out a deal with the Demi-Human Alliance and aid them rather than just forcibly acquire their assistance in magical research.
Their goals aligned, so there was no need for problems just yet.
Knowing the nature of the Clock Tower's magi, he became determined that he couldn't allow them to cross over into this new world through the Gate enmass.

Worse yet, as demonstrated by Reines, these people were helpless and far behind in magical theory to the advanced nature of the Moonlit World's magecraft.
This world's people didn't deserve to be just fodder for research.
Selfish as it may have been, the time Reines bought by delaying the inspection of the gate by the other magi in the Clock Tower would be used to brainstorm countermeasures.
It was all that Shirou could do as an ally of justice.
This sentiment would echo with his most recent blessing from the elf tribe
Unnoticed, a symbol shone dimly over the back of his hand.
Shirou had the distinct impression that he was dreaming. The lack of scenery in the ephemeral field of clouds around him only further emphasized the point by accentuating the abnormality of the situation.
Often times, people have described a concept known as a lucid dream in which one knows that they are dreaming while they are dreaming. In which case, they be able to become masters of their own dreams and dream what they wish to see and experience. However, the present circumstances weren't so enjoyable.
A square gate stood before him, leading into a dark passage that was long and narrow; a light shining upon the other side. It was ancient in design, stone pillars carved upon a type of granite displaying odd motifs of archaic script. Further inspection made him quickly realize that it was the same gate he, Reines, and Waver had come from.
This was to say, this gate appeared to be the corridor or passage into his soul's inner world, his Reality Marble. As if to prove this point, he could feel a faint tug; a resonance if you will while standing before this massive gate.
He had no doubts that if he walked towards the other side, he would return back to his own world, but this was what confused him.
Why was it here, and why was he seeing it from within a dream?
Did he have a subconscious desire to return back to the Clock Tower just to be studied by fanatic magi? Obviously not.
He'd much rather continue what he was doing in this new world and help as many people as he could without too many limitations.
If he went back, then the restrictions placed on him may even be more binding considering the Gate leading to another world in his Reality Marble.
Out here in this new world, such restraints didn't exist especially with Reines's considerations.
Shirou knew that he was naïve at times, but it didn't mean he didn't notice how patient or amicably Reines was treating him. If she had really cared that much about him, she would have pulled strings in House Elmelloi to mitigate the degree or severity of his Sealing Designation so as to maintain sole custody of him.
With this in mind, she could have 'technically' granted him freedom to continue venturing around conflict zones; saving as many people as he could from strife by reasoning that he was out on orders under supervision of the Elmelloi family of the Lords.
Obviously, this didn't happen, and only Waver tried to help in his disgruntled manner from house Elmelloi, but it didn't work out. After all, the interests of the Clock Tower's fellow Lords were piqued at the concept of a modern-day Reality Marble not belonging to anyone that they viewed as significant.
Reines was part of this group.
Her previous attitude like many in the Clock Tower had been curious indifference.
She'd wanted to see from the background what qualified him to receive a Sealing Designation, and only now that she saw the benefits was, she actively remaining cordial.