𝟎𝟔𝟑. ( i should've been there )

Start from the beginning

after the trip to the aquarium, kingston and makayla dropped aurora and matt off at matts place and then headed to kingstons house. by the time aurora and matt got back, venus and raven had already left so elijah was the only one still at the triplets'. the groups sleepover had come to an end but aurora decided to stay over again because she just doesn't want to go home yet.

they stayed at the triplets house for a bit before both becoming incredibly hungry and deciding to head for a late night trip to ihop. that's how they got where they are now, in matt's car in the parking lot of the restaurant.

they were going to head inside straight away but 'do i wanna know?' by the arctic monkeys began to play and aurora claimed they had to stay for the rest of the song to play out. as she sat there listening to the melody, matt thought she looked too pretty not to kiss, so he didn't resist doing so.

his elbow rests on the cars console as he leans towards her side of the car to kiss her. her hand clutches onto the front of his hoodie where the strings are and his hand rests along her jawline to guide her faces movements as he kisses her. he's so easy to get lost in, so easy for her to become completely engulfed in. she becomes so transfixed in the moment, so submerged in the feeling of having him all to herself, she almost doesn't realize the song has ended.

just as he tilts his head more to deepen the kiss, she focuses on the sound of a new song beginning to play. she sighs internally and drops her hand from his hoodie. she instead raises both of her hands to cup his cheeks. she instantly feels the way matt smirks into the kiss slightly, assuming she's involving herself more into the movements between them, just for it to fall when she uses her grip on the sides of his face to pull away from him.

"matt," she chuckles just slightly, amused by the confusion present on his face as if he doesn't get why she would pull away from him.

"what?" he murmurs, his hand on her jawline loosening its grip slightly.

"we've gotta get inside," she tells him, removing her hands from his face as he sighs. "as much as i enjoy kissing you, i am very hungry and refuse to sit in here all night."

"a new song just started though, which means we have to wait for it to finish," he teases her, using the same words she had said to him earlier. she rolls her eyes at her own sentence being thrown back at her. "what's this one called?" he asks curiously, referring to the new song coming from the cars speakers.

"i wanna be yours," she answers, recognizing the lyrics instantly.

he tilts his head, deciding to mess with her. "aw thanks, rory," he sighs dreamily, making her lips thin into a straight line. "you already are though."

she's instantly groaning and sitting up in her seat to get away from him as he still leans on the console. matt watches her amusedly as she turns to look over at him. "i'm about to go inside and just leave you here," she states blankly.

"c'mon now," he rolls his eyes playfully at the girl, keeping his teasing act. "let's just listen to the rest of the song."

she gives him a stern look but the smug upturn to his lips doesn't falter so she sighs. "we'll listen to the rest," she ultimately gives in, watching the way his slight smirk turns to a grin as she scoots further in her seat, leaning over to him look at him like she was before. "but i'm not going to kiss you, we're going to actually listen to it."