𝟎𝟔𝟒. ( the literal fucking stuffed animal )

Start from the beginning

"i was stressed and i didn't want to talk about it. i'm sorry, okay?" frustration is clear in her voice as she talks to him, making some of the fury in his eyes dissipate just a smidge.

"you're right. i'm sorry, i didn't mean to get mad at you," he sighs, making aurora wash over with some sort of relief. it doesn't last long though when elijah shakes his head to himself and continues on, "i just wish you had told me sooner so i could fucking lose my shit on him sooner."

"what?" her jaw goes slack when all of a sudden, he turns his back on her and begins storming through matt's bedroom door, where she had originally called him to come to.

matt sends her a concerned look and she doesn't even pay attention to it, quickly deciding on following her enraged brother.

elijah paces out of the room and nick and chris notice him when he passes by the living room. nick raises his eyebrows. "what's going on?" he calls out since he first assumed aurora needed him for something small and that he'd be back quickly. 

"not now, nick," elijah grumbles as he makes his way to their front door. hurt flickers over nicks face for just a second before chris shakes his head from next to him and points at aurora following behind elijah, assuring him it's some sort of sibling fight.

"elijah, i swear to fucking god," she murmurs under her breath as she trails a while behind him.

he reaches the front door and begins making his way out but auroras close enough to him now to quickly be able to follow him out. "stop, you fucking idiot!" she exclaims as he's already making his way down the porch steps once she closes the front door behind them.

elijah doesn't stop so she quickly makes her way down the steps as well, trailing behind him as his back is turned to her as he walks to his car. "he's in his fucking forties, elijah. what do you think you're gonna be able to do to him?" she throws her arms out as she walks.

she's a lot harsher with him, compared to how she acted when matt told her he'd totally knock her step dads teeth in. it was a sentimental moment between the two then so she decided not to pitch in with a reality check—but with elijah, it's completely different. elijah is angry to the point he clearly wants to go off on their father and aurora knows it'll only end badly.

if their step father has unashamedly and continuously put his hands on their mother and now slapped aurora, aurora can only imagine what he'd do to elijah if he came storming at him with a purpose.

"i don't know, something!" he turns on his heels to face his sister, making her halt her movements with a huff. "look, rory, it's one thing when it's mom because she's just as bad as him sometimes, but it's another thing when it's you."

she just shakes her head at him. "whatever you go in there to do is just gonna make it ten times worse for when we have to go back," she tells him sternly, clearly thinking more than him since he's currently blinded by rage.

"when we go back?" he repeats her words, scoffing. her eyebrows furrow but before she can focus on it, he's attempting to turn back around.

she quickly grabs out for his shoulder and pulls him back before he can face his back to her. she softens her tone to plead with him now. "eli, please stop. i get that you're mad, but you're being irrational."

he pauses and glances over her face for a prolonged moment. he eventually sighs and instead of turning to continue walking to his car, he walks past her. she instantly washes over with relief and turns to see him heading to sit down on the porch steps.