𝟎𝟔𝟏. ( like dogs )

Start from the beginning

on the other couch is chris, kingston, and makayla. chris and kingston are both completely captured in the game while makayla is cozied into her boyfriends side, a blanket over her lap as she goes through her phone. raven and venus both sit on the floor in front of the coffee table, venus taking her time to paint her girlfriends nails a light peach color.

they've been here for about an hour since leaving the dance, everyone changed and dry from rain. the atmosphere is a cozy one and everyone agreed three rounds of games ago that they would make pasta. they still haven't stopped to do so though.

aurora is mindlessly watching one of those absurd carpet cleaning videos on tiktok and doesn't really pay attention when chris groans and sits up in his seat. "shit, i've gotta use the bathroom."

kingston doesn't even spare a glance, keeping his eyes on the tv even though the boys sitting right next to him. "you're gonna get killed, bro."

"bro, i know," chris groans, quickly scanning his eyes around the room before focusing on aurora and standing up from his seat. he walks over to the other couch and ignores elijah's groan when he blocks the tv. "rory, rory, rory!" he exclaims anxiously, making her drop her phone and notice him standing there. "can you please play for me?"

aurora blinks. "yeah, sure i guess," she answers as he practically shoves the controller into her hands. she rolls her eyes as he then turns on his heels to go to the bathroom.

she sits up slightly and turns her head to focus on the screen. she moves her character around to realize where on the map she is and then glances over the boys' split up screens. she notices matt not that far away and chuckles quietly. she's totally going to kill matt.

he hears her quiet laughter and spares a quick glance over to her to see her with the controller and a silent grin on her lips. "why are you giggling, rory?" he questions as his eyes go back to the screen.

"no reason," she answers quickly although it's clearly a lie from her amused tone.

he's about to question her further when his character begins getting shot at, that being it's own answer. he immediately scoffs in offense and moves around his character until he finds aurora being the one to shoot at him. "rory, what the fuck!" he exclaims. "we're on the same team, you dumbass."

"what?" her jaw drops and matt glances over to her to watch the sight. "so i can't kill you?" she questions, looking up to him as he gives a short and obvious nod. she instantly looks away and groans, sinking further against him. "that's so boring, what the fuck?"

matt rolls his eyes and looks back to the screen. "why is your first instinct to kill me?" he questions teasingly.

"because it just is, matthew," she emphasizes his full name as she moves her character in a new direction, matt's character right behind her.

"the full name? again?" he groans under his breath as aurora just hums.

"wow! when you're the first one on her kill list," kingston says in a girlish voice, instantly having aurora roll her eyes as nick and elijah laugh. "so romantic. truly, guys."

matt laughs next to her as she huffs, "shut the fuck up, kingston. where are you even at? i'm gonna kill your ass."

right as kingston begins to laugh in response to her, her character gets headshotted and instantly killed. her jaw immediately drops. "WHAT THE FUCK?" she exclaims loudly, having matt and kingston glance to her screen to see what it is and then bursting out laughing.