Part 6

I'm starting to believe that losing control over your own emotions is inevitable. More specifically towards another person. Hate, lust, anger, happiness— whatever that is, and love... whatever the fuck that is either.
And trying to suppress such emotions can only lead to madness, although I prefer going mad about rage and not the so-called positive emotions people tend to enjoy.

Viper and Caleb could have it, only I suck at showing and telling that my two characters are "in love", my only basis for it is my sickening parents who won't even let go of each other if that were possible. But no, I can't write that.

"Wednesday, I'm sick and tired of seeing you sitting there for the rest of the night the past three nights," Enid stomped towards me, "if you're doing this to make me guilty for my rash actions the other day I'm sorry but you have to at least go downstairs and eat properly!"

"I have Thing to deliver food for me," I said, furiously typing on my laptop.

"You can't rely on Thing for everything, you're not eating enough and you're even sleeping so late with only a few hours to consume," she insisted, "you'll get sick!"

"I prefer to have that," I said plainly.

I saw her reflection on my screen, she was silently whimpering, hands fidgeting and she looks like she was about to say something but is holding back.

"Say it," I demanded.

"Okay, I...I'm sorry, I was thinking of telling you about it first, and I got a bit excited and decided without even thinking," she explained, "but I want you to join me on my party list, you and I are a force no other duo can mess with, and...I want my best friend to be by my side, we'll be making memories together, and bond over something we both can enjoy."

I opened my mouth, about to refuse, but something about what she said struck me. Best friend, I haven't considered her as once since I thought of friends as a nuisance. That's how I survived normal school, to not let others close or you'll become like them. I chose to isolate myself because I was comfortable with being alone.

I knew coming back to Nevermore was a bad idea. Pugsley would be laughing at me now that I, his sister, who taught him how to not let emotions take over him, am being a slave to my own emotions. And I'm not even trying to fight back.

I sighed, "Fine, I'll run with you, but you have to get me something in return."

She squealed, bouncing on her heels, "Thank you! You're the best! I'll give you anything you ask me the best I can."

I got up from my desk, done with the latest chapter, "First, let's plan the strategies and platforms we're going to endorse."

"Wait Wednesday, have you run for the student council before?" Enid asked, skeptically.

"No, but I lead a rally before, it's almost the same thing."

***

Enid signed us up for the campaign. She will run as president while I'm her vice president. We already planned the platforms after and now I'm forced to design a poster for the rally. How I wish it was the same rally as the ones I go to back then but it isn't.

"Pink and black, that's not such a bad idea, I think it's cool." Says Enid, looking at the edited pictures of her and me. Ajax is the one doing the editing. As it turns out the two are already going out— whatever that means, and Ajax is like a pet to Enid, going everywhere she goes, doing whatever she asks and don't ask, it's sickening.

"There, I added a bit of sparkle because I know how much you love glitter," Ajax said, glancing at Enid with a weird gaze.

Enid is pouting her lips like a bee just stung them.