Savannah laughed. Seb had made it obvious that her bigger boobs were his favourite of her pregnancy symptoms, along with her increased sex drive.

"I'll see if there's any that catch my eye," she promised him. He started the car up.

"I think we'll stop off for an early lunch first," he told her. "I'm starving."

"Good idea. So am I."

He pulled out of the parking space, beaming from ear to ear. He was so happy to have a new princess on the way. And soon everyone would know about it. He couldn't wait!

***

Seb was sat out in the veranda staring out over the lake. It was early, not quite yet half past seven but he'd been unable to sleep.

He didn't know why sleep was eluding him, but after laying awake since 4 am he'd finally given in and got up.

He'd poured himself an orange juice and gone to sit outside. It was already very warm. Even though he was only wearing a pair of shorts he'd begin to sweat slightly. Maybe later they could have a dip in the lake. There was a man made beach just twenty metres from their cabin.

Savannah had been dead to the world when he'd left the bedroom. He'd
been as quiet as he could when getting up. She needed all the sleep she could get.

He smiled as he thought of his wife and unborn daughter. Today was the day when the kids would find out about their new sister.

Maybe that's why he couldn't sleep. He was a little worried about how the kids would take it.

He began to relax. It was so peaceful. He could hear birds tweeting in the trees and the sound of the water lapping against the shore but that was all. They were so far away from civilisation that no other sounds could be heard, and the only other cabins were on the opposite side of the lake, a good half an hour walk away.

"Morning Seb," he heard Maddy call out. He turned his head and saw her walking out onto the veranda of the cabin next door. She was still in her pink satin dressing gown and had a cup of coffee in her hand. "You're up early."

"Morning Maddy. So are you. I couldn't sleep."

"I'm always up at this time. Plus Antti is snoring loud enough to wake the dead. Everyone else still asleep?"

"Yeah, well I presume so. They were when I came out twenty minutes ago."

"Looks lovely here. Hopefully we will get time to explore the area today."

They'd arrived the previous evening, stopping at a supermarket in the nearest  town to stock up on food for the week. After Savannah and Maddy had cooked them all lasagne for dinner they'd been too tired to do anything else.

"I was thinking of just having a lazy day," Seb confessed. "We have all week to explore the area. It's going to be hot, so I thought a lake day would be great."

"The kids will love it." Seb grinned. He thought of the surprises they'd arranged for the children.   Today was going to be a day to remember. 

Hearing a sound behind him, he turned his head and saw Savannah coming out of the open cabin door.  She looked exhausted. 

"Morning sweetheart," he greeted her, patting his knee.  She sat down on his lap and he wrapped his arms around her.  "Sleep well?"

"Yes, but I need more!"  He laughed. 

"Morning Sav," Maddy called out.

"Morning Maddy."

The three of them sat and chatted until the kids got up about half an hour later.  Then Maddy said she was going to shower and get dressed.