Chapter One

"What is this attitude of yours? Since you've changed your surname to Xia, this is your responsibility!"

The woman who spoke was gorgeously dressed, and the diamond-studded necklace on her chest was particularly dazzling under the bright lights of the dinner party.

Xia Xingchi yawned lazily while eating cake in the corner, letting her stand-up comedy act go in one ear and out the other.

It was an honor for anyone to attend Mr. Li's engagement banquet.

Only Xia Xingchi was unhappy. Not only was he pressed into engagement and forced to do things beyond his ability, but he was watched like a performing monkey by everyone around. There were countless eyes watching him openly and covertly.

Just three nights ago, he had created a method of demise that would make the local weird news —

After finishing his third job on a rainy night and passing under a tree, he was unfortunately struck and killed by a bolt of lightning.

Getting struck was excruciatingly painful. Fortunately, the whole process was fairly quick, and he lost consciousness in an instant.

If he could leave some last words, it would probably be a news headline: Shocking! It's true that you can't walk under a tree in a thunderstorm?

"You know the Xia family's situation. This marriage must happen in order to weather the storm," The woman continued. "Without this opportunity, you can continue to live in squalor. You're lucky to have such a good turn, yet you're still pretending to be the victim?"

This situation was this: Xia Xingchi unpreparedly transmigrated into a novel with distorted values and took the place of the young master, who was a cannon fodder extra.

The person in front of him was the original owner's stepmother, Liu Yi. By the time he returned to the wealthy family, his biological mother had already passed away.

For Liu Yi, he was not her actual son anyway, so among the real and fake young masters, she obviously favored the fake young master she had raised for many years —

That is, the villain protagonist shou in the book, the popular idol singer Xia Yu, who was talking and laughing gracefully not far away.

It had been a year since the original owner had been taken home. After finally turning from a poor wretch to a vaguely-known flop of an actor, there was less than a month before he became cannon fodder.

The fuse that lit the fate of the cannon fodder was the original owner's riot and escape from his marriage during the engagement ceremony.

Suddenly, a handful of fish food was sprinkled in the water and everyone moved in succession toward a point in the distance. Clearly, someone had arrived.

Liu Yi once again dropped another cold sentence, "Behave well in a moment, and don't try to run away!" Then she turned around and followed the crowd.

Xia Xingchi thought that the only person who should have such influence was his fiance, Li Chengyuan.

As the richest, most powerful and handsome person in the book, it was a pity that Li Chengyuan was not the protagonist, but the most ruthless and insane villain in the story, who eventually died young.

Xia Xingchi turned around and picked up some red wine from a waiter's tray, internally estimating the price of the wine and how much the engagement banquet cost.

Just as he was pondering this, he spied an uninvited guest walking towards him.

Xia Yu, as the white lotus protagonist, had a very innocent face that was at the moment very sincere: "Ge, I have accidentally robbed you of so much over the years......this time I am willing to bear the burden for you! You go, ba, and I will get engaged to Li Chengyuan in your stead! I owe you, and will compensate you with my lifelong happiness, even if just to make up for a little loss."