Only The Beginning

Comincia dall'inizio

Seriously? I was sure everyone knew I was friends with Darby and hung out with him a lot. Ethan proposing this offer caught me off guard and I needed a moment to think. 

"A girl like you shouldn't look so blue," He cooed, that damn cute smile on his face again, "Come have some fun and take your mind of things. What do you say?"

This man had to have mastered the art of charm because he had so much of it! His stature, his look, how he had such a nice voice and a gorgeous smile with dimples that I wanted to poke. 

"Why not?" I smiled, loosening up, "Lord knows I need to go have some fun."

"Alright!" He smiled, standing a little closer to me, "Here's my number. Shoot me a quick text."

In his number went and a message went out so he had mine. 

"I'm so pumped. I haven't even gone to the beach this year," I smiled, truly excited. 

"Seriously?! Oh yeah, you have no choice but to go," He laughed, patting my back, "I have some stuff to do, but feel free to text me. I'll let you know when we're heading out. And try to keep that pretty smile on your face for the rest of the night."

Ethan gave me a small hug and it felt like my whole body blushed. Was I falling for him already?! He hasn't been here too long, but any time we've had an encounter, he was a gentleman and now he was really trying to get to know me. 

There was too much negativity in my life right now to let any kind of fun slip away. That fun was necessary. I needed some sunshine up in my head rather than dark clouds. 

*DING*

[Hey! Scorp and I are leaving the hotel now. Want us to come pick you up?]

Man, Ethan was so generous. A car ride with Ethan? That sounded like a bunch of tension, but then again, Scorpio would be with him. Wouldn't that make him the third wheel who always butts his head in?

[If you don't mind. It would be awesome!]

[No problem. Which hotel ya at?]

I quickly sent him the address and went down to the lobby. Not even five minutes later, a jeep wrangler with no doors pulled up, Scorpio driving it. 

"Hope you aren't afraid of falling out!" Scorpio joked, Ethan slapping his arm:

"There's a great thing called seatbelts."

"Sick ride, Scorp!" I cheered, hopping in the backseat, "You guys better not be afraid to get in the ocean!"

"Afraid?" They both laughed, "We're gonna have a good time today."

It was a good time already. The radio blasting, the wind blowing against my skin, able to smell the ocean as we got closer to the beach. 

I felt like a kid in a candy store, eyes set on that ocean when we parked. 

"Last one to the shore is a rotten egg," Scorpio joked, running off once we were all ready. 

Ethan and I were right behind him. I was the one who took them by surprise. Once I kicked off my sandals, I could run faster and I beat them to the shore. 

"I win!" I cheered, then got pushed in the water by Scorpio.

"Hey!" Ethan yelled, pushing him in. 

I got a good laugh out of seeing Ethan and Scorpio fighting. While they were, I took off my shirt and shorts so I was just in my bikini. 

When I did, they were still fighting, but Ethan stopped and saw me, struggling with my shirt a bit.