𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Mockingbird - Eminem
"Maybe we'll wake up and this will all be a dream"

[⌖]

"We need to talk with Rhiannon," Annie says. Raven nods and walks to his room. I follow them and sit down. Annie starts "Rhiannon, we only want what's best for you. We really think that going with Raven would be a good idea."

I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from snapping at the mentor. "Why?" I manage to ask. "Clove is stronger, we've already made a strong alliance. It's a bad idea." I say, standing my ground on the matter.

Finnick is the one to talk this time. "Raven's from your home district, it wouldn't look like betrayal in the eyes of your district if you win with him."

"Why are you acting like anyone from four actually cares? The career program is dying anyway. No one actually cares as much as you two." I say. Both of them look frustrated.

I stand up from my chair. "You know, why don't you go talk with Raven about what he wants for once. Maybe he doesn't even want to alliance with me! I finally found a strong alliance with someone I can partially trust and you want to take it all away. Well I won't let you! This is my chance of winning and you aren't taking it away from me!"

I storm into my room and slam the door. Not willing to come out until ten, when I meet with Clove. I look at the time, and I can feel my hunger finally coming out. I crack the door open to see if anyone's there. Just Fallon.

I slip out of my room and smile at Fallon before grabbing a plate of food. I'm sitting in silence before I hear a voice shake me out of my thoughts. "I'm proud of you, dear." It's Fallon.

I look up at her and smile, but before I can talk she continues speaking. "No one ever really stands up to Annie or Finnick. They never do what's right for their survival. Just what the district wants. You're a strong girl, Rhiannon. Don't let the games break you."

I smile at her, that might be the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me before. "Thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me. She smile at me before walking away.

[⌖]

The elevator doors open and I walk out onto the roof. I'm just a few minutes early, but that's okay. I sit down on the edge and stare out into the night sky.

A few minutes later the door opened again. Instead of Clove, it's Raven. "Hi." I say skeptically "Hello." He says. "Annie says we're going to ally." He says. "I'm not going with you, Raven." I say firmly.

"Why not?" He seems surprised. "I'm going with Clove and it's final so don't try to change my mind." He doesn't respond. Just stares at me. "Can I do something?" he asks.

 "What?" I say, mildly annoyed. I hear the elevator doors open, but before I can turn around to see who it is, Raven grabs my face and kisses me. I pull away immediately. Raven just gets up and walks into the elevator. 

"Rhiannon what the hell?!" Clove asks, she looks hurt. "It didn't mean anything, he just kissed me out of the blue, I swear!" I say defensively, but she's not listening. "How could you." She says, her eye swelling up with tears. "Clo-" I start to say. "Don't! I don't want to hear it!" She says. Turning her back to me.

Growing frustrated, I grab her wrist and spin her around. Placing my lips on hers. She doesn't pull away, and neither do I. She places her hands on my face, pulling me closer. After what feels like eternity, we pull away.

For a few seconds, we just look at each other, both of us too dumbfounded to say anything. "I- I have to go. Goodnight Clove." I say, walking into the elevator.  

----------------------------------------------------------

hi besties. guys I made them kiss hehe 🤭

anyway bye love y'all don't be ghost reader!

vote, like, comment <3

also low-key wanna make a max verstappen fanfic so yuh 

status: edited 

word count: 704 words