𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

    Rhaella was also very excited to talk to Luke. The last time they had seen each other, he was a little boy with a adorable curls, puffy cheeks and, well, a broken nose. Now, he was still a very young boy ― he was only twelve years old ― but he had grown taller, his face matured a bit, while he kept the black curls. She was curious to learn if his interests had changed, or if he still was more of a land boy than a sea one ― which was ironic, considering that he would be Lord of Tides one day.

    When she walked in the room, holding Rhaena's right arm, everyone was already there. Rhaella blushed, curing herself for being late the first day in her new home. It wasn't a proper behaviour. She only hoped Rhaenyra or Daemon wouldn't mind much.

    Almost immediately, Rhaella was met by someone who crushed into her, putting their arms around her waist. Luke was already almost as tall as her, and he was four years younger. “Ella!” the boy exclaimed in joy.

     “Luke!” Rhaella replied, surprised, but quickly reciprocating the hug.

    “I've missed you” Luke said, pulling apart just enough to look at her in the face.

    Rhaella smiled. “I missed you too, little boy” she said. “But you're not so little anymore, uh? A couple of years and you'll be taller than me”

    “Arrax has grown as well” Luke stated, proudly. “You should come and see him!”

    “Of course”

    “Luke, let Rhaella catch a breath” Rhaenyra said, but she was smiling.

    The Princess was sitting as the head of the table, her husband on her left. On her right, there was an empty seat and next to that there was Jace. Two other empty seats were placed next to Daemon. Rhaella didn't see neither Joffrey or little Aegon, but she wasn't surprised. They were still to young and probably were already asleep, or almost.

    “Oh, there's no problem really. Forgive us for being late, Princess” Rhaella immediately apologised.

    Rhaenyra smiled. “Oh, don't worry, you're perfectly in time. Come, we've saved you a spot between me and Jace”

    Great. Rhaella smiled nervously and threw a glance at Rhaena, who nodded in encouragement. The girls both took a seat, Rhaella between Jace and Rhaenyra and Rhaena sat next to her father. Luke took his seat at his stepsister's left. After that, the bulters started bringing in the food. A soup of meat and fresh vegetables was served to all of them, along with bread. On the table there were also water and wine.

    “Enjoy your meal” Rhaenyra said.

    “Enjoy your meal” everybody replied. Then, they started eating.

    Rhaella blinked, confused. Probably noticing her stupor, and the the she hadn't started eating, Rhaenyra leaned in and gently placed her hand on Rhaella's. This startled the young girl, who quietly gasped. “Ella” she called, worried. “Are you feeling well?”

    As the Princess asked the question, the family members at the table noticed and stopped what they were doing, wondering if something was wrong with their new guest.

    Rhaella's gaze ran through the room as she felt every single pair of eyes on her. She cleared her throat and nodded, feeling a little bit agitated. “Yes, I―I'm fine, shouldn't we―shouldn't we pray?” she wondered.

  Rhaenyra smiled softly. “You can pray, if you want. If we do, we do that in our own heart”

    “Oh”