𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝗬/𝗡'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩:
I open up the notebook of addresses from last night that i brought with me and look for the first uncrossed address. Once found, i tell camilla the address and she heads in that direction. The drive is mostly silent except from a few words from diego, i look out of the window at the houses as we drive by, wondering if vance could be in any of them. I unconsciously jig my leg as my anxiety levels rise and drop unpredictably, biting at my gums. Robin clearly picks up on this and takes my hand, gently squeezing it to reassure me, using his other hand to gently press down on my leg in an attempt to stop its shaking. We pull up to the address and i get out, robin following behind me. I walk round the side of the house, peering through any windows i pass, robin replicates my actions, just as a double check. After finding nothing, i make my way to the front, reaching into the back pocket of the jeans where i put the photo of me and vance from his wallet after taking it last night and pulling it out. I get to the front door, robin stood right behind me and knock on. I ask if they've seen vance, show them the picture of us, but every response is no. I repeat this with every house,
"No sorry"
"I havent sorry"
"Nope"
"Nah"
"Sorry but i haven't seen anything"
It's all the same, nobody's seen him.
The next house, i knock on, a woman comes to the door, looking me up and down.
"Yes?" She leans against the door frame.
"Hi ma'am, um have you seen this boy? He, he went missing." I pass her the photo and she takes it with a raised brow. "He's my brother, his name is vanc-"
She cuts me off.
"I know who he is, hell everybody knows who you and your brother are, the no-good, trouble-making hopper siblings, if he really is missing, then good riddance. Maybe this town will have some peace for once."
I stand unresponsive, not knowing what to say or do, she holds the photo out for me to take it, i stand still. She grows tired and shoves the photo to my chest, robin snatches it out of her hand.
"You don't know anything about them, you old bitch." He spits at her, she scowls at his remark before slamming the door in our faces, i still stand there, quiet and still.
"Cmon y/n, let's go" Robin wraps his hand around my waist and guides me back to the car. We get back in and i just look at the car floor, feeling tears sting at my eyes. It's hopeless, im hopeless. Im never going to find him, i can't even find my own fucking brother when he needs me most,im a fucking screw up. I feel my emotions start to overwhelm me, when suddenly, my body starts to take control. A shock sends through my body, my neck strains and my head jerks back. Everything turns black, until, the smallest bit of light. I'm in a dark room that has the slightest bit of light pouring in, i look around, trying to find the source of light. It's a small window at the top of the room, and the outside of it is level with the floor, im in a basement. I look around again then notice a faint figure i failed to see before due to the darkness,vance. He sits shrivelled up against the wall on the same worn out mattress from my dream last night, he's cradling himself into his legs while humming a song to himself. I rush over to him, but he's unresponsive to me, almost like i'm not there.
"Vance, vance?!" I try to shake him, but it's like my hand hit a barrier, and i can't get through to touch him. The faint song of 'Should I stay or should I go?' escaping from vances lips is interrupted by the sound of the door unlocking and clashing open. I jump up and stand at the side, near a window, watching the scene play out in front of me, it's like i'm there but i feel disconnected from the environment.
"Good morning" I look over to the door to see the same man, the man who took my brother from me, the fucking grabber, "How are you feeling?" He pulls down on a cord near the door that turns a small bulb on, filling the room with a eerie yellow light. I look around the room once again, now seeing all the damp covering the walls and roof, and the scratches on the wall behind me, it's numbers. I read them out but they make no sense, so instead i try to memorise them so i can research them after whatever this is.
Vances eyes stay on his legs and the small song remains flowing from his lips.
"I said how are you feeling?" The grabber repeats, i look back at the scene.
Vance doesn't even acknowledge him and continues on with his song.
"You don't wanna talk?" He pauses, waiting for an answer, "I guess i'll just go then." He turns to walk out of the door when my brothers voice stops him.
"I'm hungry, i need food."
The man turns around and looks at vance, but still, he keeps his gaze locked onto his knees.
"Not now, maybe later." He replies nonchalantly
"I need food shithead!"
"Not right now."
"If you weren't gonna feed me why'd you even come down here?" Vance snarls
"Just to look at you," He pauses then finishes with a sinister voice,"I just wanted to look at you."
It goes silent, i feel the cold starting to run up and down my body, i glance between the two before seeing a smirk appear on vances face, oh fuck.
"Well that's gay" He chuckles, i can't help but laugh with him.
"What?" The man asks, taken aback by vances comment.
"I said that's gay, taking boys and doing shit to them, especially when it's kids aswell. God, gay and a perv, what's it like though ?"
"Stop."
"How does it feel knowing that-"
"I said stop"  He growls over vance
"you're the one who took little boys, little defenceless boys, and fucked them."
"Stop. Now" The man has a cold tone in his voice, i know this is the time vance needs to shut his mouth or he's gonna get himself killed.
"but i guess you can't help it if youre homo, can ya?" Vance challenges
The man goes to hit him, but something stops him, he thinks for a moment before clearing his throat and standing up, walking back over to the door.
"Forget about food." He says before slamming the door shut and locking it.
Vance throws his head back against the wall and suddenly everything goes black again.
"Y/N?" I feel my body being shook.
"Diego whats happening?" Background voices flood into my ears, only slightly audible over the ringing sound.
"Y/N, Y/N!"
My eyes jolt open and i look around, diego has tight hold of both of my shoulders, shaking them aggressively but stopping with a sigh when he notices my eyes looking back at him . Camila and robin stare at me with a worried look and i stare back at them confused.
"Y/n? What happened?" Camilla asks
"I-" I answer unsure, it's like a dream sort of but it's different, i could feel it all, i could see and understand everything clearer.
"Your- Your head shot back and you were shaking, i couldn't wake you up i-" Robin mutters unsurely, i think everyone's just confused right now.
"I saw him again."
"What?" The three all ask me in-sync
"I saw vance, the grabber, the place he's keeping vance it's a basement, but it has a window, a tiny little window showing the basement, we just need to check any places with windows on the ground."
"Are you sure?" Diego raises his eyebrow unsure, but camilla pulls him out of the way.
"It will be the houses on the north side of town with basements, wanna go there?" She asks with a smile.
"Yes please" I reply and she nods back at me.
"Back in the car everyone!" She orders and they all get back in. This time, robin grabs my hand tightly, not letting go for the life of him.
"Are you okay?" He looks at me
"Yeah" I reply quietly.
"What, What happened?"
"You mean what did i see?"
"Yeah"
"I got there, it was dark, then i noticed vance, i tried to speak to him but he couldn't hear or see me, so i tried to shake him but when i went to touch him it was like there was something blocking me."
"Jesus.."
"Yeah, then he came, turned this light on so i could see everything, then vance called him gay" I snickered
"He what?"
"I know" I chuckled. "Leave it to vance to still be a prick when he might die"
Robin chuckled before going back serious.
"Did he, y'no, did he get hurt?" He reluctantly asks, i shake my head in reply.
"No, i don't know what but something was stopping the grabber from hurting him, maybe there was someone there or he had to go out or, i don't know really, i just need to figure out what."
"You will, we will."
I smile slightly at the comment, the smallest bit of reassurance is doing the most right now, it's nice to know i've got robin and his family supporting me even thought i sound like i belong in a mental institution with these, what would you call them, visions? I don't know visions i guess, but they do sound fucking bonkers.

A/N
AHAHA I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SM
BTW I WANT TO CLARIFY BECAUSE I DONT WANT THIS COMING ACROSS IN THE WRONG WAY AT ALL, I AM NOT HOMOPHOBIC AT ALL, THE PART SEXUALITY PLAYS IN THIS IS THE FACT THAT BACK THEN ANY SEXUALITY OTHER THAN THE ' HETEROSEXUAL NORMAL' THAT SOCIETY WAS FORCED TO ABIDE BY, WAS FROWNED APON, I WANTED TO SHOW THIS IS IN A LIGHTHEARTED WAY INSTEAD OF IT BEING A MASSIVE DISCRIMINATORY SCENE IN THE STORY SO I USED VANCE BECAUSE HONESTLY I DO THINK HE WOULD BE A LITTLE WEIRD ABOUT IT ALL NO MATTER HOW MUCHI LOVE HIM I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT
ALSO FIRST TIME WITH THE VISIONS WHAT ARE YALL THINKING? LMK IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS!!
(1782 words)