Our place

The morning sun came up and I was off to campus. This time, things were different. My makeup was brighter, my hair was pinned up, and walking up to the door of Mr. Bakers classroom, I felt my stomach churn. Shaking it off, I took a deep breath and walked inside. Sitting in the middle right, I saw him again, sitting quietly and writing something down in the notebook from yesterday. Stopping at the seat beside him, I motioned to it, "Um.. Is this seat taken?" His expression softened when he looked up at me and pulled the chair out, "It is now.." I giggled very softly and sat down, "Thanks.." I opened my book with a sigh and glanced over at him. He glanced back, then sat up as the professor started the lecture. I started on my notes, but jumped slightly when I felt Brian nudge my side. I looked down and saw that he was holding a small piece of paper, trying to pass it to me. I took the paper and opened it as he watched me.

"You know, you shouldn't waste a perfectly good milkshake like that."

I put the paper down and wrote with my pen.

"Sorry!"

He smiled to himself as he read the note, then wrote with his own pen.

"Make it up to me after class?"

When he passed the note back to me, I held it in my hand for a few seconds so our professor wouldn't see. After reading it, I looked over at him and nodded, then stuck the note in my dress pocket.

I had some questions for the professor after class, and walking up to his desk, I noticed Brian leaving. After a few dreadful minutes, I walked out of the large classroom and into the hallway. I looked to my left, then my right, wondering where Brian went. After having no luck, I sighed heavily and made my way down the hall, then out the double doors connecting the building to the sidewalks of the campus. Suddenly, I felt a jolt. For a split second, my heart sank. Someone was grabbing me. Just as I was lifted, I caught a glimpse of my attacker. Big, slender, freckled arms embraced me, spinning me around. I screamed and laughed, knowing who those big arms belonged to. "Brian!!", I giggled harder, "Put me down!". Everyone turned and stared at us, and Brian gently put me down, "Sorry.. Did I scare you?" I giggled again and shoved him playfully, "Yes!" He laughed harder and started walking with me, "C-can I carry your books?" I nodded and handed them to him. "Sure.." He took my books and held them under his arm, "So.. What did you think of Bakers lecture?" He put his chin up and pushed his chest out, speaking in a deeper voice, "Dogs will salivate at the sound of a bell!" I giggled softly, "I thought it was interesting.." He looked at me and laughed, "Gee, you are a nerd.." I shook my head and kept walking. His hand gingerly touched my shoulder and as I looked up at him, he smiled a bit, "I'm just fooling around.." I nodded and shrugged his hand off, "I know.. I guess.." Brian sighed and silently walked beside me, trying to match my stride.

Walking up to my car, I turned to him and looked at him quizzically, "You wanted me to make something up to you..?" As I took my books from him, he nodded and shrugged, "Well.. I-I thought we could go to Fosters.. You know.. Just us.." He shrugged again as I nervously clutched my books, "Like.. A date..?" I felt my stomach start to churn again, staring into his deep blue eyes. He looked at his feet, then looked at me and nodded. His eyes were piercing mine, and though I could tell he was nervous, they were genuine. Sighing, I shrugged, "Sure.. I could go for some ice cream.." His eyes lit up and he smiled, "Y-you wanna ride with me?" He was standing slightly closer to me, still staring. I looked at my car, then back at him, "Um.. Maybe I should drive.. I need to study tonight.." He backed up slightly and nodded, "Sure.. Sorry." I giggled a bit and nudged him, "It's ok, Brian.. I really want to go with you.." I opened my door and put my books inside, "I'll follow you." He smiled and waved, then got into his car and pulled off. Barely keeping up, I followed his car down the street.

Watching Brian swing into a parking spot, I carefully pulled up beside his car and got out. "Say, Brian..? How many accidents have you been in since you started driving?" He laughed and walked over to me, "C'mon, i'm a great driver! I'm here, aren't I?" I shook my head and laughed again, gently nudging him. I felt him rest his hand on my lower back as we walked over to the window. Taking a deep breath, I ordered my ice cream and looked at Brian as he ordered. His hand left my back and grabbed his wallet. I stared at him while he payed, but as my gaze was met, i looked away. In the corner of my eye, I saw him smile very slightly. My face felt hot and I was sure I was blushing through the light coat of makeup from this morning. I walked away and sat down at a nearby table.

Brian sat down across from me with a sigh, handing over my ice cream. "Thanks" I smiled at him. He started on his ice cream and I sighed "I love this place. Thanks for taking me here.." He shrugged and looked around, then looked back at me, "Do you really have to study later..?" I giggled softly "Brian.. I can't goof off with you.. I really need t-" He cut me off and giggled softly, "No, I just thought.. Maybe we could study together at your place.." I looked down for a moment, then looked back up at him and nodded. A while later, I found myself in my car, watching him follow me to my apartment.