Introduction

Candy's name was so thought out by her dads to the point where it was perfect

Candy's name was so thought out by her dads to the point where it was perfect. James wanted to just name her Candy because they wanted her to be as sweet as candy, a lover but not afraid to be a fighter. Beau thought it was a lovely idea, but they could always give her the name Candace, which he liked as a more formal name; that way they both got what they wanted. Candy truly lived up to her name, even what made her an outcast worthy of Nevermore reflected it.

She was obsessed with all things true crime, always wanting to solve the cases those sad excuses for detectives never could. One day, she got a cat she called Lucky. Why is this bit of information important? Well, Lucky started talking to Candy. Of course, he couldn't say much as a kitten, it all sounded like baby babble; something easy to dismiss. Then, Candy just happened to hear someone calling out for their mother. It sounded like a little child, so she followed it until she got to where Lucky was hanging on for dear life at the top of the Sweets family pantry. When she brought him safely down and told him to never do it again, he responded with a "sorry mama."

It was strange, but she found it was an effective way to solve crimes.

She would get the details from her animal friends and then find actual evidence to give detectives anonymously. The biggest case Candy had helped solve was a kidnapping of a little girl in her neighborhood. And the one day she went to the shelter to adopt a dog with her dads, she stumbled across her most disturbing case.

The Australian Shepard started to talk to her, saying they needed to get out of there. According to the adorable animals, one of the workers was abusing them and the others were covering for them as a way to stay out of controversy. Obviously, as an animal lover and a decent human, Candy was disgusted. So, she came back when that worker was on their shift to sneak in and let all the animals out, telling them their time for revenge was nigh. Luckily for Candy, she was so sneaky she wasn't found out and the worker went to jail for animal cruelty because of the evidence she gave the police.

Before the shelter closed up because of the controversy, Candy and her dads adopted the Australian Shepard who had warned her of the abuse. She named him Bingo after the sister of Bluey, also the most amazing show ever. Her animals didn't  always agree with each other, but they accepted the fact they were siblings - whether they liked it or not.

Candy decided to tell her dads about what happened to the worker at the shelter, which then made them learn of her powers. She didn't go to Nevermore immediately after because her powers didn't make her much of an outcast. But then she started to receive animal-like traits when upset or stressed - growing claws and fur, for instance. Because of how temperamental and dangerous Candy had suddenly become, the Sweets family decided it was best if she went to Nevermore so she could learn to control herself.

At least she was able to bring her kids.