17- I was living a lie

Savannah's pov

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I had a best friend before Rihanna and I had no clue about that. I don't remember a single thing he was saying. I was now married to the guy who was once my best friend. This all was too much to digest but the reason behind my disappearance was something I didn't understood. He was lost in some trance so I touched his cheek and urged him to speak further.

"Your parents had to give you away to a middle class family to take care of you. Your parents were attacked and threatened by some people because they wanted you. That's why uncle James and aunt Caroline planned on keeping you away and safe" whatever he just said confused me even more. Who were James and Caroline? Who was I sent with to stay and why don't I remember any of these things. I looked up and voiced my thoughts, "I dont remember any of the things you are saying it is confusing me."

"Anna the parents that you lived your life with are not your real parents. Mr and Mrs Adams were given the responsibility of taking care of you till the threat dissolves. Your real parents are still alive and eager to meet you. But you need to understand that they had to give you up to keep you safe and protected" now my head was spinning with the newfound information. How can this be true was my whole life a complete lie. I was living with someone who were not my parents but just my guardians. Where I was to be kept safe, there I was being tortured.

I hugged Lucy and he immediately hugged me back. I whispered, "I can't believe any of this, I was being tortured there, I wanted to give up my life, and now they are not even my real parents" he pecked my forehead and stroke my back while replying, "the bad days are over Anna, you are finally safe in my arms."

I backed a little to see his eyes, they made me feel calm and protected with unsaid promises of safety. He spoke after few seconds "when you were away and I knew the reason I became more eager to see you, meet you and hold you to make sure my best friend is safe and happy. Though that was not possible because people wanting you had a close eye on us and your parents."

He shifted his position and stroked my cheeks while continuing, "I asked your parents to give me your living address so I can spot you somewhere for once and they reluctantly gave it. I finally saw you when you were 14 and returning from school. You were busy helping a small puppy on the road and that very second I fell for you. I have been taking glimpses since last 7 years before I finally came and married you."

I couldn't believe this all but that's when it striked, "when you came home that day why did you say its her 21st birthday so it's time for our wedding?" he chuckled and replied, "when I first saw you I straight away went to James and Caroline to ask your hand for marriage. They both laughed and obliged to my request saying I can marry you only when I turn atleast 23 which means when you turn 21. I instantly agreed and replied I would marry her as soon as she turns 21. I wanted to bring you home." A giggle left my mouth as I imagined a teen Lucy asking for my hand.

He kissed my lips softly but passionately making me feel beautiful in every way. I have went through a lot but all along there was someone in the corners stealing glimpses of me. That's someone is holding me firm in his grip today and I am more than happy to have him.

He slowly pulled away and asked me, "would you like to meet your real parents Anna?" That created a nervous feeling in my gut. What if they are the same as my guardians, what if they knew the truth I went through still didn't approach, what if they are disgusted with me, the train of thoughts stopped when Lucy squeezed my waist.

"I will be there by your side the whole time don't worry baby and you can ask them all the questions that are bugging you" his assurance was enough for me to accept meeting my real parents. I trust Lucy a lot he would always be there to protect me if anything happens like that.

He said, "let's sleep baby you have college today, we will meet your parents in the evening tomorrow. If you feel comfortable I can call mom and dad too." I felt loved by both mom and dad, Lucy's parents do they would be a good support tomorrow. I accepted and he excused to make calls while I changed and went under the duvet.

He changed and joined me holding me close to himself as if I would disappear in this darkness. I squeezed his hand and slipped into a deep slumber.

Morning came soon and we were getting ready for the day when I became nervous of today's meeting. He saw my mood and came forward hugging me tight. His comfort makes me feel alive I'm really blessed to have him. He whispered some soothing words that it would all be fine soon and I gave him a smile before hurrying down to make breakfast for us.

My 21st Bday🖤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें