“You want a show?” She asked from between hooded eyelashes, and her coy, girly response drove a lancing pain through his gut and when he thought he couldn’t physically desire her anymore, he just grew harder.

Unable to vocalise words, a lump occupying his very dry throat, he nodded an answer.

Naomi never imagined she’d stand there and slowly, provocatively remove her clothes as she did that night, a tasteful (she hoped) strip tease until Conor could take no more and reached out to remove her underwear in haste, but she did, and as she followed him on to the bed, and against his rock hard body, she felt a pang deep in her chest and knew she was getting in far too deep. But at that moment, she was unable to fight it, fight him, and she fell towards him with the same eagerness as he had for her.

Back into the routine of work and play, Naomi succumbed and allowed Conor further into her life. He met and decidedly won over her neighbour Sarah and Emma, two of her closest friends, in fact, Conor and Tom, Emma’s boyfriend and seemed to really hit it off, talking about going to a cricket match together.

As September started to bring the darker and cooler evenings, so Simon planned his return to work. He’d injured himself in early July and had hoped to be back sooner, but poor healing and the challenge that getting in and out of town was, meant he was later returning than he had intended.

His first day back Naomi had gone to town, fresh flowers filled the office, she’d called at the local bakery and bought fresh croissants and Danish pastries, and even brewed his favourite blend of Colombian coffee.

                “Are we expecting royalty?” Conor asked entering the small kitchen behind her, “because it’s starting to resemble a posh coffee shop here!” Unnecessarily he brushed against her, his body touching her from shoulder to hip, “that is until I get close enough to smell...” he paused to sniff deeply. “Lavender, and...Mmm, my favourite, a hint of...Do I smell marigold?”

She laughed, “it’s designer fifty pound a bottle perfume Mr O’Neill, and you’d do well to take note of the name!”

Stooping he bit the soft flesh at the base of her neck for a brief second, he didn’t like them to cross boundaries at work, then murmured, “I’d never forget this smell Ms Young, I can assure you of that!” 

The gush of cold air that replaced the hot pressure of his body was like an icy shower, calming her straying libido, in all the weeks they’d worked together she’d not betrayed her feelings for him within work hours, but with Simon about to walk through the door, here they were almost kissing in the closet! So stereotypical!

As she reappeared in the office, Naomi heard a gush from the door and turned to see Gloria rushing over to Simon. He hadn’t been to the office much, not able to bear to be there and not work, so this was the first time that the receptionist had seen the boss since he’d left for his late June wedding.

She was second, hugging the tall man tightly before following him into the office and sitting opposite him, waiting to see if he was ready for her to bring him up to date with all the outstanding cases.

                “Why are you so efficient?” A voice caused them both to look up to see Conor lounging in the doorway.

                “If she wasn’t I’d not have a business left!” Simon joked. “And seriously, I know I’ve thanked you both repeatedly for your work, for keeping this going, but I REALLY do want to tell you how grateful I am...” he turned to the open door and called out to the corridor, “You too Gloria!”

Gloria giggled like a teenager and all three laughed at her.

               “Do you want this breakdown of cases now?” Naomi asked, “Or do you and Conor need to discuss things?”