Chapter 26 : Dex POV

Börja om från början

I could feel a slight trickle of something warm, blood. Down my neck. My back still pressed on the doors of Foxfire. 

And then everything shot back into perspective, time seemed to pick up the pace in the last terrifying moments of my short lived life. My  tears seemed to slow and my heart increased.

And then I heard a scream of rage and strong arms pull me back. 

Elwin 

(YES YES SORRY IM SO RELIEVED EVEN THOUGH I HAD BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR WEEKS! YOU SHOULD OF SEEN YOUR REACTION COMMENTS WHEN HE SUPPOSEDLY DIED, BUT IM SO RELIEVED IDK WHY! WE STAN ELWIN!)

I saw Jolie's eyes flash with rage and anger as I disappeared behind the doors of Foxfire. Time seemed slow as I watched Jolie run for the closing doors. I might not make it. 

Elwin seemed to pull harder. I reached out my foot and slammed the door shut hard enough for Jolie to get flung back and ram into the glass door. She was knocked out on the steps of Foxfire.

That should keep her down. 

I sighed a breath of relief as I took in my surroundings. Safe. I was safe. My body shook with the realistion of what could've happened. I shook hard, so hard that Elwin had to sit me down on the nearest bench, my thoughts running wild once again. 

Elwin was tryin to calm me down, as if I was sad. 

No, I was bursting with hapiness. I was alive.

I felt like crying. 

I would see Sophie, Tam, Linh, Marella, Biana and even that idiot Wonderboy again.

I would see my family again.

I was shaking with relief. 

I was alive. 

Elwin was hugging me, as if I was mad. 

No I was overcome with relief. 

I pulled back from the generous offer of a hug. And shook my head.

"I'm ok. I'm fine" My tears said otherwise, maybe misinterpreted.

Happy. I was happy. 

"Thank you though. For saving me." My voice broke. "I get to see my family again." and he knew I wasnt just talking about my parents and siblings. 

Elwin smiled. 

"Let's go save the world." 

-Time skip brought to you by me listening to Taylor Swfit-

I sat on a cot in the healing center furrowing my brow whilst Elwin was talking into a imparter harshly.

"What do you mean? Do you know where they've disappeared off to?" He forehead was creased in annoyance. "No? Well that's not much help Alden. Okay...fine. Update us yeah?" 

He turned back to me. "Can't seem to find any of them bud." 

My mood dampened. Elwin held out a hand that motioned stop.

"But- now that you've had a breather. Wanna tell me what's up?"

Ro picked that exact moment to strut into the healing center like she owned the place.

She looked angry.

Well to be honest, I would be too if my charge ran off. 

"Uh-" I motioned to Ro to alert Elwin. 

Ro looked over to Elwin. "Funkyhair here?" 

Elwin motioned to me. He said sternly "Dex buddy here was just about to tell us of the uh-" He paused to look at the wall. "situation."