She deserves better (1)

Start from the beginning

When Tom understood, he panicly shock is head. ,,No.. no no no. I won't. Jakob no I..-" ,,Thomas, C'mon! Even friends dance together. Get your shit together,man, and give yourself a little treat. Enjoy this evening, instead of sitting here depressed." his friend groaned again. ,,Usually you are confident too?!"

Tom swallowed and looked at his friend. Then back at the dance floor. Right at that moment Zendaya turned her head towards the men and looked him in the eyes. She smiled at him and waved.

He could feel the heat in his cheeks and those stupid butterflys in his stomach rise up.

With a sudden courage he stand up and looked back at Jakob, who looked almost proud.

,,Alright, Imma dance with her." he gulped down his tequila and grabbed Jakobs glass as well, letting the burning liquid fload down his throath. Then, he disappeared into the dancing crowd.

,,Hi Tommy." Zendaya giggled as her bestfriend approached her. He laughed. It was pretty obvious that she was not sober anymore, but he wasn't any better.

,,Hi Daya, wanna dance?" He asked, surprised by his own confidence. ,,Of course!" Zendaya replied and immediatelly threw his arms around his neck.

A bit flustred and surprised, Tom blushed, but tried to shake it away. ,,Can I ..?" he started, but after another giggle from Zendaya he just layed his hands on her hips and they started to dance.

After a while, Zendaya stopped the dance for a minute to get herself another drink. Tom tried to grab the shot away from her. ,,Don't you think you had enough?" he carefully asked. She shrug her shoulders and downed the alkohol down her throat.

Tom eyed her when she took a second shot. ,,What's wrong, Daya?" he softly asked.

,,Notingg.." she slurred.

,,Daya?! Something's up.." He slowly took her hands and made her look at him.

She sighed. ,,Jakob texted me again." ,,Our Ja.." ,,My Ex, Tom. The Asshole Jakob, not our."

Tom swallowed and fight against the urge to ball his hands to fists. Asshole was the understatement of the year. Just the thought of him and how he had broken her heart made Tom furious.

,,And?" he managed to ask. 

,,He apologized again and wanted me back.." she said.

Again, Tom swallowed. Everything inside him cramped and he prayed to the Lord that she didn't gave in.

,,And?" his voice was shaky. ,,What.. did you say?"

Zendaya laughed. ,,I told him to fuck himself and finally leave me alone. To finally delete my number and try his tricks on another girl. I also blocked him again and deleted his number."

Tom let lose of a breath he didn't know he was holding. She smirked at him. ,,Did you really thought I let him break my heart again?"

He shook his head. ,,No, but.. whatever, I'm just proud of you." They smiled at each other.

,,And I wanna meet him to beat him up like he never was beaten."

Surprised Zendaya looked at him. ,,I.. never thought you are that violent."

He laughed. ,, I'm not.. but in this case I just have the urge. He broke your heart and therefore I wanna break his bones."

Zendaya pouted. ,,Aww, you're cute." she hickupped, and hugged his torso. ,,Thank you." Tom smiled and hugged her back. 

,,Sorry, I am annoyingly overprotective." he mumbled while resting his head on hers. (We gonna ignore that Z is taller than him)

She giggled quietly. ,,It's fine. Sometimes  I think you're the only man in my life that want something good for me..." she mumbled against his neck. It sent shivers down his spine and this warm feeling in his heart grew even bigger. ,,I want the best for you, Daya.."