{chapter 1}

Have you ever wondered what lay beyond us? Past our walls? Well, thats exactly what I was thinking five years ago, almost to the day. May 1st, it was, that spring where the snow went away faster than you can say 'spring'. I was seven then, still pulling off the pigtails, pink tutu's, and polka dot T-shirts. Pink used to be the best thing ever then. I remember that day perfectly, as if it all just happened. May 1st, the day I went beyond the walls.

• • •

I had the idea on April 29th, when I just couldn't take it anymore. You see, there's this abandoned house deep in the woods, where it creaks and lurks. It's a big house with many windows, it was white years ago, but now its a icky grey color. Vines shielded it in numerous places, and it was all placed in a opening part of the forest, which was very spooky. It was always foggy and the trees by themselves were just terrifying, pointy branches, always swaying. But there is something about this house, something out of the ordinary. It feels like I get lured towards it, pulling me in. But that doesn't make sense, because when I try to go inside, I get thrown back by some peculiar gust of wind. And I'm saying thrown into the air, descending down, and crashing. But if I'm with my friend, Kyle, or my sister, Cassie, its fine. I can go up and touch the house, but alone I can't be within five feet. Kyle suggested that we hold an investigation, and try to enter the house. My theory is if Cassie and Kyle come with me, then we can go in together. Let's just say that I'm glad I walked into that uncanny house, it made me realize that you shouldn't be afraid of anything, because somewhere there is something you thought was impossible, and that itself is pretty scary.

My name is Trinity Gold, and I am not human. I am bigger than human. I am what I thought was impossible. I am the impossible. And another word for impossible is Sulvarian. I'm Trinity Gold, and I come from the impossible land, Sulvaria.

•••

So my sister, Cassie, was 13 then. She had long, curly brown hair with square glasses that made her eyes look elephantine. Now, we call that type of glasses 'hipster'. But anyways, Cassie always ignored me when I referred to the house, not sure why, but she did. I knew she saw it, unlike everyone else I know. My parents say that they can't see it, then call us immature and childish. Yes, I was seven, but I saw what I saw. They just didn't-no-couldn't see the house for some odd reason. My question is, why? Why can only three people see that house? What is so important about it? How come I can't go inside? Why?

But I needed Cassie's help to find a answer all of those questions. But why would she agree to help me? Out of all people, me? Hello people, a 13 year old helping a seven year old? Since when? Right, they never would do that. But I needed her, so it was worth a try.

Kyle came home with me on the bus that day, as normal. And we waited, and waited, until she finally got home and dashed up the stairs. I hurtled to the top and meet Cassie there. She gave me a look of revulsion.

"What do you want, Trinity?" She questioned me, as Kyle came in behind me. "Kyle too? What do you need that is so important?" She swiveled and went into her room. Kyle and I followed.

"Cassie we need you to help us with something." I told her.

"It needs to be you." Kyle added.

"What is it?" She asked us, placing her backpack on her bed and taking things out.

"Well that house, in the woods, we want to go inside. But Kyle and I alone can't go in, so we need you to help us." As those words came out of my mouth, her facial expression turned to perplexed.

"You what?! You know that it's dangerous to go walk into something you know nothing about, right? You can't go inside the house!" She roared.

"What's so bad about it anyways? And if we don't know anything and you obviously know a lot more than we do, why not just tell us about it then?" I inquired.

"You never ask!" She shrieked.

"We are now, aren't we?" Kyle remarked.

"Well, okay," She reached down under her bed and pulled out a old, brown leather trunk with rusty golden buckles. "here, everything I know." She pushed the trunk towards me. I knelt down and Kyle soon did the same. I popped open the buckles and lifted the lid of the trunk. Dust flew out and circulated throughout the air.

Inside the trunk, there were millions of papers and pictures. Kyle picked up a paper and on it was a list of all the things Cassie found near the house. She had little test tubes with a cork top, all filled with the things on the list. In one there was a red/orange scale-like thing, some white transparent dust, even something that looked like a dragon fly wing, but bigger. There were numerous test tubes filled with strange things. And there were a lot of pictures. There was one that had a little bug-like thing zooming past the house. You could't see it all clearly though, it was all blurry. There was pictures of footprints in the dirt, pictures of weird marks on the house, you name it.

"Wow, you know a lot..." I said, fascinated how I didn't know any of the things she did.

"Ya this is everything I know, take it, study it, then we leave tomorrow." She told commanded.

"Ok, tomorrow. What time?"I asked her.

"How about 9?" She asked.

"Yeah sure, Kyle?" Kyle thought for a moment then said,

"Works for me."

"Then it's a plan." Cassie said.

•••

Kyle and I spent hours looking through the trunk, until it was time for Kyle to go home. But we talked on the phone when he got home. And we both packed back packs full of things for the worst scenarios.For example, I have some matches, two waters, food, a flashlight, blanket, first-aid-kit, and some things from the trunk. Cassie also said she would pack her water-proof camera, so we can take pictures without the camera getting ruined.

So there we all were, clueless little kids who had no clue what they were walking into. We were preparing for the best adventure ever in our lives. Tomorrow, we would pass the walls, walking into the land of Sulvaria, our home town.

***

Authors note:

So this was my first chapter, it's not that long but sometime later I will add more. So yeah, if you enjoy please vote, comment, and follow!

~kay