"do you see him drooling?"

"i do. i guess it's not a lie. i'll believe everything you say from here on out."

"did you doubt me at some point?" tsuyoi raised a brow, smacking oikawa's head to make him stop looking at his muscles. resulting in a whine.

"n-no! not at all!" tasha slightly stuttered.

tsuyoi tilted his head, eyes slightly wide in a glare. she shivered at it, crossing her legs and holding her pant leg.

"good, because i'm not a liar." he said.

oikawa saw the look, sighing as he wrapped one arm around tsuyoi's shoulders and the other draped over his stomach. the one over his stomach grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers, he leaned his chin on tsuyoi's shoulder, oikawa's cheek resting on his cheek.

"why don't we continue, yeah?" oikawa said, tsuyoi glanced at oikawa, his glare washing away. he nodded.

"yes, let's continue."

~~

tsuyoi watched oikawa check him out, he watched the way oikawa's eyes wandered around his body and muscles. he made no effort in stopping the attention, but he didn't like being ignored at the same time.

so, he snapped his fingers in front of oikawa's face. snapping the brown haired teen out of a trance.

"back to what i was saying, creepykawa." he said, oikawa's face burned red with embarrassment and fury at the name. tsuyoi smirked, proudly. "i have common knowledge and street smarts, i kinda have to."

oikawa thought back to when tsuyoi disappeared for a few days, he shook his head. he felt uncomfortable remembering that. so, he just agreed with tsuyoi. the taller male raised a brow.

"are you alright?"

"who's asking?"

tsuyoi rolled his eyes. turning to face the front. waiting on the lesson. he didn't push any further. he felt oikawa's gaze on him. but he ignored it. he much rather focus on the lesson than the stubborn volleyball captain.

completely untrue. but tsuyoi was fooling himself.

oikawa wanted tsuyoi's attention. he craved it. he didn't see tsuyoi over the weekend and since they had a game in tokyo, the football team left early in the morning. they didn't go to any of their classes.

oikawa's heart began to ache.

he had plenty of girlfriends in the past, but none lasted and he didn't feel a spark with them. he felt no connection.

but, here with tsuyoi, he felt a swirl of emotions. he felt at peace and he felt calm. but then he felt like strangling the football player, but hug him at the same time. the teasing wasn't bad, but oikawa couldn't help but feel flustered over it.

oikawa saw a side no one else saw. tsuyoi opened up to him that day he walked oikawa home the first time two weeks ago. that very same day he drenched tsuyoi's morning practice shirt. he was scared shitless, but his heart was beating rapidly when he saw tsuyoi's muscles through the drenched shirt.

tsuyoi never really actually hurt him, mentally or physically. it was just a playful banter. that oikawa wanted more of.

so, why did natalie get him? why did the model figure red haired girl get the football player? she wasn't a cheerleader, it didn't make sense. she wasn't sitting in the front row at his game, he didn't even hear her cheer, so why did she get him?

they didn't even act like a couple. they barely even hold hands or hug. so why did she get him? tsuyoi is always with marcos, the two volleyball players, football, naību or his job to even make time for natalie, so why did she get him?

like oikawa said, he had plenty of girlfriends in the past, even had his fair share of experimenting with boys. but each time he felt nothing. so why did he feel like this with tsuyoi? why did it have to hurt him but heal him? why was he feeling like this towards the football player who had a girlfriend?

what did she have that he didn't? what made him different? what made her different? tsuyoi and oikawa had a spark, didn't they? oikawa felt safe around tsuyoi, so why wasn't he with him?

"is this what heartbreak feels like?" oikawa mumbled out loud, his hand cupping his chin in thought.

tsuyoi's eyes widened to hear that, he snapped his gaze towards the volleyball captain. seeing him spacing out. he took his pencil tapping oikawa's desk.

the male looked at him, his hand still cupping his cheek in thought.

"someone broke your heart?" tsuyoi whispered, since the lesson had begun about fifteen minutes ago.

tsuyoi cursed that he didn't notice oikawa feeling conflicted. he cursed that he didn't notice oikawa spacing out.

"well.. not exactly." he quickly said, lowering his voice when their sensei looked in their direction, "don't worry about it." he gave a closed eyed smile, "i'm not even sure myself."

tsuyoi gave him a disbelief look. but he didn't press any further. he had no right to press.

"make sure you get in time to play." tsuyoi changed the subject, "i want to see you play."

oikawa softened at his words. it made his heart swell and beat rapidly, but it hurt him all at the same time.

why does natalie get you? if i were a girl, would you want me?

oikawa shook his head, he was oikawa tooru. he was a cocky bastard, an observant person. he was the grand king (which he doesn't know about that nickname yet). he should not doubt himself, he's pretty amazing.

but he still had lingering thoughts.

"are you sure you're okay? maybe you need to rest in the nurses office." tsuyoi commented.

oikawa cursed himself for spacing out again. he cursed tsuyoi for caring and making his heart jittery.

"i promise i'm fine." he said, waving off tsuyoi.

oikawa hated that he sees tsuyoi all day. but loved it all at the same time. he hated that tsuyoi showed he cared about him, but loved it all at the same time.

he cursed tsuyoi for making him fall, he cursed tsuyoi for being good looking, he cursed tsuyoi for being straight.

but he cursed himself for falling for him easily. he cursed the consequences.

he only hoped the volleyball game proved to tsuyoi he was strong.