vi. Rɪᴠᴇɴᴅᴇʟʟ

Start from the beginning

     The Dwarves turned to each other, muttering amongst themselves. Adella coughed again, a bit more blood passing her lips. The Dwarves immediately coming to a conclusion. "Ah, well... in that case, lead on."

     Lindir approached the sick member of the company, holding out his arms, ready to take Adella. Bifur held onto her. He didn't want to lose her. She was his friend.

     "I will return her in one piece. I give you my word." Lindir reassured with a bow.

Reluctantly, Bifur handed her over to the Elf. Lindir picking her up in his arms as if she weighed nothing at all.

"Come on, Bifur." Bilbo put a helping hand on the Dwarf's shoulder.

Adella woke to blinding light and a warm cloth dabbing at her forehead. An Elf-maiden smiled down at her. Upon noticing her now awake, she turned to another, telling her something Adella didn't understand, before turning back. "Welcome back." She held out a hand to help her out of the bed.

"We had to remove your clothes. They restricted our work." She began putting things away around the room. "We've placed them with your companions things."

Adella caught her reflection in the mirror. It had been so long since she had last seen herself. The Elves had put her in a light blue Elven dress. Her favorite color. Small white flowers adorned the neckline and parts of the sleeves, which were long and flowing like the rest of the dress. A golden cord was tied around her waist to act as a belt.

     Her hair had been brushed and left to cascade down her back, besides two small braids at either side of her head and clasped together in the back

"Lady Adella." Lindir now stood in the door way. It seemed that's who the other Elf-maiden had gone to retrieve. It hadn't taken her long at all. "I'm here to escort you to your friends." Lindir had broken her from her trance, extending an arm out to her. She smiled at her reflection once more, before taking the Elf's hand.

They walked through the halls of Rivendell, eventually stepping out onto a large balcony together. The Dwarves noticing her first, then Bilbo, followed by Gandalf and lastly, Elrond.

Dwalin looked at Kili. "Now that," he looked back at the stunning Adella. "is a woman." This caused Kili to huff in annoyance. Everyone at the table catching on to the inside joke between them.

"Lady Adella of Jerhem." Lord Elrond stood from his spot to greet her. "I'm glad to see your health has greatly improved." When she didn't respond, Elrond glanced back to Gandalf.

"She has taken the Jerhem Vow." He informed the Elf.

"So she has." He turned back to look down at her with a kind smile. "And who would be so lucky?"