[ 2 - ♤ Venti x Reader ~ All the Years Went By ]

He ran through the busy city, by not a single second wasted as he panted.

She smiled at him, her lips were indeed curled upwards but her eyes…

All possible shortcuts to his destination were blocked by the local folk, leaving him no choice but to use the other way.

She rested her back on the wood of the bench, placing her hand on top of his as she sighed.

He dragged his feet across the city with all his might, avoiding bumping into someone as he paced.

She gripped on his hand, a little tighter, before readying herself to say what she was supposed to.

He was already getting too tired from running, his grip on the bottle starting to get loose but kept it as tight as he could so he couldn't let go.

"If you truly love me…

Meet me here once more…

Just before you go…

Please…"

He finally arrived.

All he found was a bench with no one occupying its seats. It was their bench.

He then sat down before opening the bottle of wine he had brought with him. He could've brought a glass or two, but he knew better.

It had been some time once again before he had been woken from his long slumber. Most of the faces within the city were already replaced by both older versions of themselves as well as younger ones who had resembled them.

Bringing the open bottle of wine to his nose, he could smell the bitter scent that emitted from it. He then took a small sip before bringing the bottle down.

At that time, as like in most times, he had no one to talk to, as understood by the folk who would see him by himself there. To him, he was merely having a conversation with himself but wanting it to be her.

For that given time span, he unintentionally let himself fall asleep for a longer period of time compared to the one he had anticipated. It wasn’t just one year, nor two, nor five, but an entire five decades. He grew too accustomed to falling into deep slumber for centuries that he wasn’t able to wake himself up earlier as he hoped to.

He understood the empty space left on the bench he sat on, knowing that she wouldn’t have lived long enough to do so.

He raised the bottle up for no one in particular besides for her, the wind then decided to blow in his way. A blessing he made came back to him, making his braids sway along the breeze. What took him by surprise was how a stray flower was carried along the wind, later landing on the seat beside him. A Cecilia – their favorite.

The questioning look on his face turned into a calm smile. She really had her own ways to show that she was still with him.

She sat there, by herself, with a single Cecilia in hand. She wanted to give it to him before he went away for a while, if he decided to go by her wishes.

She held onto the stem tightly, expressing her anxiety through her grip. She tried to lessen the pressure she put onto the stem as she didn’t want to wilt the stem of the flower.

Were her feelings for him unrequited? Was she just swayed by his soft way of delivery?

She grew more and more anxious and worried as time passed, but soon enough, both her mind and heart were put at ease when she saw him approaching her, the same cheerful expression that he always had on present as usual.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

[A/N]

I may have forgotten that I made this book for months. I'm still writing from time to time, just not publishing them.

And in any case that you need an explanation behind this, the reader's perspective written in Italics happened in the past, while Venti's normal text was in the current time he was in.

Word count: 607 (This gotta be my shortest one-shot in the history of me writing one-shots-)

Will post a Christmas chapter soon (which I wrote... last year-). >:)