Chapter Two - It Came Upon The Caramel Clear

It became late, Wizard cookie stared outside his bedroom window in the Tower of Records, with a book In hand. He could clearly hear the Crispmas music coming from the town next to the train station. The noises irritated him, he could only scoff.

"What's this all even for? Crispmas at its core is about tricking children to behave during the year so they'll get presents from GingerCaluse. And the existence of GingerClause is ridiculous alone, it's all stupid! And yet I'm the bad guy for just stating a fact" he angrily flipped the page to his book.

As he read the words, he rubbed his eye and glanced back at the window. Doing so he thought he saw an unfamiliar face peeking through. He rubbed the window to clear the frost, but the face was no longer there. He shook his head and looked back down to his book "a figment of my imagination..."

He silently read through the pages and went to the next chapter. the ticking of his clock stayed persistent in the background. After a few minutes, the hands stuck at midnight, an abrupt freeze took over the room. Wizard cookie felt a chill run through his dough and tensed up, Something didn't feel right. He stepped away from the window, but when he did, they swung open. He held onto his nightcap and shut his eyes when the cold breeze harshly blew on his face. The wind was so strong it caused all of his loose belongings to fly all over the room.

When he opened his eye, he saw a bright light, almost blinding him. It stood on the frame of the window.

"Wizard cookie" an echoey and calm voice spoke.

This figure resembled a cookie, the only thing you could make out was his mouth.

[Visual by me: twt; @ZCakezzz]

"W-WHO ARE YOU!?" he yelled at the figure, and without wasting time, he rushed to grab his wand, which was leaning against his desk. He tried casting a spell toward the beaming light, but his wand was not working, no matter what spells he recited, it was not responding.

"Wizard cookie, Your magic will not work in this state" the voice continued

"Who- no- WHAT are you!?"

"My name is Sherbert cookie" a smile formed from the silhouette of the figure

"Are you some kind of... Demon!? Did my spell backfire that badly!?"

"I am no demon, I was requested to help you"

"Is this a prank!?" he hits the end of his wand against the floor, angrily "I'm not in the mood for this!"

"it is no prank, my friend. Tonight you will be visited by 3 spirits. they will teach you lessons. Listen to them, and do as they say or... you will be chained by your guilt for the rest of your eternal life..."

"Eternal? Wh-what!? why!? I didn't do anything!"

"How about your friends?"

"..."

"I am only here to help, you are in desperate need of it, or you will forever be stuck in endless sorrow..."

"What do you mean...?" he asked with genuine concern

"I must go, you rest your head for now, and make sure to keep warm, you'll need it-!" the cookie-shaped silhouette left the room, and the wind finally calmed. but Wizard cookie's question was not answered, he ran to the window and followed the light with his eye "WHAT DO YOU MEAN!?" he yelled at the top of his lungs, but the figure was too far to ever hear him.