Through this - Okoye x Reader.

Start from the beginning

By now it was still early, but the sun would set soon and you would be home not to long after.

She had noticed a vibration from her beads on her way, but seeing that it was a call from you she hadn't wanted to answer you while in her current state. She had stopped crying so much, and her face also looked better, but her voice was still fragile and she would have broken down the moment she tried to speak to you.

Now at home, she pressed her beads to play your voicemail.

"Imibuliso, sithandwa sam. Ndizakufika ekhaya kungekudala, kulungile. Akukho mfuneko yoxinzelelo malunga nokupheka. Kukho ukutya efrijini. (Greetings, my love. I'll be home soon, okay. No need to stress about cooking. There's food in the fridge.)

She felt a bit better hearing this.

Locking the door and sitting her keys on the kitchen table, Okoye went to go lay on the bed in the bedroom. She tried to go to sleep, wanting to get a few hours of rest and wake up to it all having been a huge misunderstanding, but your lack of presence made it hard. She wanted, needed you to be with her. She grabbed your blanket out from the wardrobe wanting to be as close to you as possible, and dragged herself to her favourite corner in the living room to sit by. There was a very nice chair that sat in the corner, but Okoye opted to sit on the floor.

There, she began to slowly allow herself to cry, the tears coming out with less grace as when she was in the palace. She nearly stood up to go back to the palace and fight for her position back, her sore and weak legs being the only things that prevented her from getting up.

After what felt like 10 hours, she heard the door unlock, seeing your figure enter you home from the distance.

"Standwa, I'm home!" you announced as you took your shoes off and went to go and wash your hands. It had been a long day and you wanted to freshen up and relax for the rest of it.

" In here." Okoye declared sniffling.

You hadn't yet seen your wife's emotional condition so you continued to speak about your day as usual, not having spoken to her properly for about 2 weeks.

"Sthandwa sam, awuzuyikholelwa into ethethwe nguM'baku kwintlanganiso yethu namhlanje. Ngamanye amaxesha andiyazi ukuba iJabari Tribe ivumela njani umntu ohlekisayo ukuba abe nguMpathi wabo- (My darling, you will not believe what M'baku said at our meeting today. Sometimes I don't know how the Jabari Tribe allow such a comedian to be their leader-)" you paused upon walking closer and seeing Okoye, your entire world, on the floor with your blanket wrapped around her.

She only took that blanket out when she needed you for comfort and you weren't there. Without knowing what exactly had happened, you felt guilty for not getting there sooner.

"Baby, kwenzeka ntoni (Baby, what's wrong)?" you walked towards her slowly, not wanting to scare her while in her already shaken state. You knew that she didn't respond well to fast movements when she was emotionally charged and you didn't want a hard bruise from her spear on your arm today. Looking around, you noticed that her spear wasn't with her which was strange.

Okoye knew immediately that you really had no idea what had happened, and although that is what she had hoped for, she now wished you had found out on your way back. Now she had to muster up the courage to tell you the highly disappointing news. Although she knew that you wouldn't be angry, you had always taken pride in being the General of the Dora Milaje's wife. And now that title was no longer.

Seeing her so frazzled, you went to get a glass of water and sat on the chair next to her, handing her the water. She would eventually break down completely, you knew that, but right now you just needed her to stay as calm as possible. You hadn't seen her this emotional since the day King T'challa died, and it had been rare to see her shed even one tear before and after that day, so you knew that it was serious.