01

Iris Spade ♤

"Iris please fix my hair! I put my dress on and now it's frizzy!"

"Iris my eyeliner is smudging!"

"I need you to finish my lip combo Iris!

"My curls are falling! You said they wouldn't fall!"

"My face is getting shiny, grab me some powder!"

"Iris I really need you to do my bangs asap!"

Ah...

The life of a beautician during a fashion show.

So fun.

Oh and it gets better...

I'm the only one working this.

My clients are not big time models, so they could only afford one person to do hair and makeup for seventeen models.

I love my work but... days like this are the worst.

After twenty minutes I was able to fix everyone's problems and they were all sent down the runway without any complications. 

My job can be overwhelming, but I'm fine under pressure. 

I do prefer photo shoots to runway shows though. I've helped with one or two red carpet looks now as well and that was fun.

Honestly I'm living out my childhood fantasy. I'm living in New York City, and I'm doing hair and makeup for a living. 

And I would love it, if it were that simple.

Let's not get into all that angst yet though.

After watching the models walk, I went back to the dressing room to clean up all of my supplies. 

The girls came back after a few minutes as well. They started gathering belongings and changing their clothes. We all started chatting as we got ourselves ready to end the work day. It was so lovely just being able to talk now that the show was over and the pressure was off our backs.

I just finished packing up all of my equipment to leave when one of the models named Ashlyn came over to speak to me.

"Hey Iris, do you have any plans for the rest of the night?" She said so not everyone in the room could hear. 

"Not really... Why?" I said skeptically. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with any of them. I'm just naturally not the most friendly person. Most of the time I don't even mean to be somewhat cold. I'm just a guarded person and I can't help it. 

"My... friend... invited me to this super exclusive club tonight and said I could bring a few people. I can only invite four other people. So I chose you, Brooke, Alex, Rose, and Billie.... That's if you'll come. The others already said yes. So...?"

"Can I ask something?" 

She nodded encouragingly.

"Why did you pick us?" I asked curiously. 

What made the four of us stand out to go to this "exclusive" club.

"You guys seem to be the most... Well... like you'll be able to keep it lowkey." 

I thought about asking what that meant.

Instead I just stare her in the eye.

She seems a little timid as I do this.

She seems like she has good intentions... 

I stare longer. 

I don't trust her, mainly because I don't trust anyone.