꒰ Haganezuka ꒱

☁️ . . . ⇢ Haganezuka x F! Reader

Requested by: Hi-oki

POV: Second person
Setting: Taishō Era
Warnings: slight gore

━━━━━━━━🗡━━━━━━━━

"Promise I'll be more careful with my sword next time."

"I wasn't taking about the sword."

With your new sword wrapped neatly in a box, the swordsmith came running to your estate. Needless to say, he was livid after learning that you have broken yet another work of art of his.

As this wasn't your first time breaking your sword, you've had Hotaru come around occasionally to deliver you a new sword every time you returned from a mission with a broken sword.

Overtime, you luckily learned how to cool him down whenever he was in a fit of anger.

"(Y/n) (L/n)!" The swordsmith yelled, "How dare you break another sword?! Do you have any idea how much time and effort I put to forge you one. Single. Sword?!"

"H- Haganezuka-san!" You greeted him, smiling nervously. "Uhm... You don't seem too well... d- don't you think?"

"Come on in! Come on in!" You added, dragging him indoors in a hurry. "You came just in time! I- I was... I prepared some mitarashi dango!"

Hearing that, the swordsmith almost instantly calmed down. Even with his mask on, you could tell how happy he was.

A sigh of relief escaped your lips as you shifted your gaze to the dish then back to Hotaru. "Help yourself to some!" You said, clasping your hands.

Knowing the strict rules of the Swordsmith village, you knew that he couldn't take off that mask around anyone in order to keep his identity confidential.

Though you were curious about how he looked behind the mask, you never tried to sneak a look at his face while he was in your mansion.

"I'll be in the other room if you need me!" You said as you turned to leave.

You heard him mutter a simple 'thank you' and smiled to yourself as you left.

-

Once you reached your room, you were greeted by your crow, Riki. "Caw! Letter for (Y/n)!" He cawed, flapping his wings.

"What is it, Riki?" You asked, untying the letter tied around his leg. "Is it another mission?"

You unfolded the letter and found out it was from the love hashira, Mitsuri, and she was inviting you to go with her to the swordsmith village.

Dear (Y/n),

Im so happy to have you safe after that mission! And guess what? I heard that the swordsmith village is a great place to relax! And I know that you are working so hard these days, so I want to ask if you would like to join me on a visit to the village. We can eat a lot of sakura mochi and relax in the hot springs!

- Mitsuri

You thought it was quite thoughtful of her to invite you on a relaxing trip shortly after you came back from that mission, and decided to accept her invitation.