𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

Mercy just ignored him as they slowly walked in silence, until a black butterfly circled around her before fully resting on her red wedding dress that hugged her full being—its train sweeping the white sands of Southwold beach. 

The woman froze for a second in awe as she clutched the stem of the flowers tightly, her heart sinking at the sight of the butterfly, and tears stinging her eyes. It was fortunate that a veil was covering her face, or else Alfie would see her. Mercy knew it was her brother...Iago will always be by their side. The woman sniffed gently, trying to stop the sorrow growing in her heart. "Are ya a'right, luv?" Alfie must've noticed her sniffing.

"I just remembered my brother, yeah..." she quietly replied.

"Yer brother's happy, 'tat I'm sure of," he said but a sigh of disbelief came out of his mouth, "I neva liked 'im, ya know? 'Tat gypsy bastard makes ya cry all 'ta fuckin time and he—" Alfie cut off his words, he was supposed to say that Thomas almost got her killed but realized that it was somehow his fault too.

Alfie thought he was no better than the Shelby man.

"'M sorry, luv," he croaked, gazes falling down to his feet as shame and guilt thrummed through his veins.

"For what, Alfie?" asked Mercy, a glimmer of confusion in her eyes. 

"It's me fault ya almost got killed, me greed's price is yer life..." Mercy took a deep, long breath before standing in front of her best friend, "Look, Alfie, it's no one's fault but Sabini, and I'm still fucking alive, no? Come on, this is my happy day, let's not get bloody sad!" the woman answered, trying to uplift his spirits.

Mercedes never blamed Thomas nor Alfie for what had happened to her, she held no grudges against them for she deeply knew in her heart that it wasn't their fault. 

"I still don't like 'im for ya," the Jewish man whispered into the air but she heard it perfectly clear, "You know that I love him, Alfie."

"I know, I know..." he breathed in defeat, "And I know he makes ya happy," Alfie added, almost choking at his own words that left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Seeing the woman he loves happy was enough for him. 

Before they could even realize it, they were almost near the aisle where everyone was waiting for them patiently, especially waiting for the bride in red. The children started singing as if they were cherubs playing in the heavenly garden as soon as they stepped onto the black carpet that had been spread out on the grainy sands.

Mercedes glanced all over the place, the family and friends of both bride and groom weren't separated but instead joined together. Thomas didn't want his soon-to-be wife to see empty seats during their wedding day, he knew it'd break her heart, and that's the last thing he wanted. Her eyes were looking for her little sister, and there she was, smiling brightly as a day yet her cheeks were wet with tears. 

Thomas caught his breath as he watched the love of his life walking closer and closer to him, Alfie gently removed the woman's hand around his arms and passed it to the groom's, "Ya better take care of 'er, I'll fuckin break ya neck if something happens to 'er. Ya hear me, bastard?" he grumbled loud enough for the four of them to hear his threat.

"That I will, Mr. Solomons," he replied courteously despite the threat, nothing could ruin his disposition now that he's finally tying the knot with Mercedes. Alfie went to his seat, and finally, it was just the two of them (and Jeremiah). His hand was intertwined with hers, while his free hand slowly lifted up the veil, revealing the face he could never get tired of.

"Hi," Mercy said, trying to hold in her giggle.

"Hello, my love, you look fucking perfect," he replied, his eyes focused on her as if memorizing all of her features. "I know, I am," she beamed, feeling light and airy. They have no doubts that they want to spend the rest of their lives together after marrying in paradise.

They couldn't help but share a chuckle as they face the pastor, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join together in holy matrimony of Mercedes de Silva and Thomas Shelby..." Everything went by bliss and before they even knew it, the newly wedded couple were sharing a passionate kiss in front of everybody. 

After a family photograph, Thomas and Mercy stayed at the beach as their guests went inside their rest house. The sun has finally set and become one with the ocean, just like they did a few moments ago. The couple sat on the sand, never minding the grains clinging to their clothes, their hands still clasped together as if afraid that if they let go, they'll lose one another.

The cold breeze made her shiver, the Shelby man instantly took off his coat and made her wear it. Mercy's head found its way to the familiar shoulders of her lover—the warmth and solace it brought her was something she always loved.  

Thomas slowly traced the back of her palm, drawing circles on it before showering it with gentle kisses, "Thank you, my angel..." he muttered, now kissing the top of her hair, "For marrying a man like me, for accepting me back, for loving me..." 

"I would marry you in all of my lifetimes, love," Mercy looked up at him, the burning embers of the sky reflecting on his eyes that never fail to hypnotize her, making the woman think she was floating on cloud nine. Her thumb gently caressed his tender cheeks as their eyes locked, Tommy pressed his lips against her, fingers stroking through her black hair before gripping her nape firmly as if to keep her from escaping their passionate exchange.

Mercy was slowly losing her balance and just decided to let gravity do its job, her husband fell on top of her but still supported his own weight. They pulled away for a second to breathe, but instead, giggles came out of their mouth, something you'd never hear from a man like Thomas Shelby.

The couple lay on the sand beneath the purple sky, watching the stars reveal themselves one by one. His arm encircled her waist, and that felt like home—the one place she is truly meant to be in, and deep down she knew that nothing will ever compare to this feeling. If she has the chance, she'd gladly spend her eternity here with him. 

"I will love you forever," his face scrunched up as he gave a big, toothy smile—Thomas couldn't think of a time he'd ever been happier. This was enough for him, she was more than enough, and he couldn't ask anything for more. 

"I will love you until the end," answered Mercy with certainty. Their heads are tilted back and their eyes drift shut, the sounds around them blurring till it's just them, forever and always. 

She is my sun, the center of my universe that fills me with warmth. 

She is my moon, she controls my tides and brings light to my dark world.

She is my everything.

T.S

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝.

note: I am really sorry for leaving you hanging guys, I should've at least given a heads up : ( I found writing kind of hard rn, but I still tried to do my best for u my sweet angels : < I hope you liked this last chapter, I know its kinda rushed but irdk when will i be back so i just had to make something. comments are highly appreciated. i love u all! < 3