Vampire's True Face

As Smith stated, the mansion is often crowded with people who come to serve meals and clean the entire building. But none of them ever meet the mansion's owner. They only know where the mansion's special rooms are for the mister and mistress, but they never see them in person.

Every human who works for the mansion leaves the building once the sun sets. None of them are brave enough to speak about their master, and they promise not to say anything about anything they see or hear in the mansion if they want to keep their lives safe.

Moon Ryeong exits her chamber and walks to the kitchen, where she finds all of the warm food she needs for dinner as well as all of the ingredients she needs to make pancakes. She pulls out her phone to look up a recipe for pancakes and begins to make the dough. She prepares a large bowl and pours in the flour. Then she pours the milk into the bowl before breaking two eggs and mixing them together.

She must cook the dough in the frying pan and allow it to rest for about five minutes. When everything is ready, she places the pancakes on the plate and drizzles honey on top. Moon Ryeong beams with pride as she prepares her first meal from scratch. She is pleased with it. She sat down, eager to sample the warm pancakes. She frowns as she takes a bite. It's not the same as what Jae Rim made for her. Despite its appearance, it does not taste particularly good. She doesn't understand. What is the problem here?

She feels a vibration on the phone and notices that she has received a message from the original owner of the phone she is holding. Song Jae Rim. She opened the text and read the context.

"I am sorry if I disturb you, I just curious of how are you today?" That is the text message that the human sent for her.

He has been texting her back since she sent her first message to him, just to check on her. He takes his time to ensure that the vampire is safe and that she is happy and content with her day. Jae Rim can't help but be concerned about her. He would remind her to eat every now and then. When the weather is nice, he also tells her to go outside and relax. He simply wants to ensure that the vampire never feels lonely and depressed, something that worries him because she may attempt suicide again, which he has misunderstood about her since the first time they met.

It had been a long time since she had received such tender care from a stranger she didn't know well. But his concern for her doesn't bother her at all. Moon Ryeong was about to respond to his text when a masculine deep voice spoke up from the stairs.

"What keeps you occupied in the kitchen?" Helios appears as he approaches her slowly.

Moon Ryeong quickly hides the phone, fearful that the cruel vampire will discover that she owns something she uses to communicate with a stranger human out there. He wouldn't be happy with it. As a result, it is convenient for Helios to never learn about the phone.

"I'd like to have dinner," she says.

Meanwhile, Jae Rim had just finished his office work when he texted Moon Ryeong. He realizes she has already read the message. He waits one minute, then five, then ten minutes. She doesn't respond at all. Is he really bothering her with his text messages?

"Sir, the car is ready," his secretary says, informing the CEO that it is time for him to return home. Jae Rim expresses gratitude to his secretary and places his phone in his pocket. He exits the building and enters the car parked in front of the office. His curiosity began to kill him again once he sat in the back seat. He pulls out his phone again, hoping that Moon Ryeong has responded by now. But, no, she isn't. He takes a deep breath and leans back in his seat. His gaze was drawn to the outside world through the window.

"Are you waiting for a message, sir?" The secretary inquires once more.

"Yeah, but maybe the response would never come," he dampens.