Vampire's True Face

Start from the beginning

Helios keeps his gaze fixed on her as he moves closer to her. His demeanor is always solemn and cold. When he is directly in front of her, the great vampire slowly lifts his hand and reaches out to touch her chin, causing her to flinch. He lifts her chin and looks at her face more closely, observing her expression. Moon Ryeong has to hold her breath because she is afraid the vampire will find out what she is hiding from him, which will enrage him.

"What is this?" he asks, his voice husky and deep. He wipes something off her cheek with his thumb. Moon Ryeong is unaware that she has a trait on her face that clearly shows what she did previously.

"Flour?" he inquires after tasting the flour on his finger. Helios takes a look around, noticing the pancake she made on the table.

"You cook it?" he asks, astounded by what he discovers.

"It's unimportant. I'll get rid of it." As she moves the plate away from Helios, Moon Ryeong remarks that he would not be pleased with such food. There is a delicious meal waiting for them; she does not want her pancake to ruin his appetite.

"Let's have dinner," he says, taking back the plate and placing it in front of him. He sits down and begins munching on the pancake without waiting for her response. He chuckles as he tastes it, clearly mocking her cooking ability.

"I never imagined there would be a time when I could taste your cooking," he said, his eyes twinkling.

"I didn't cook it for you," she says coldly as she takes a seat across from him. She accepts the dinner prepared for them by the mansion's waitress.

Since Smith left to find the vampire flower, the atmosphere in the mansion has started to return. Moon Ryeong rarely speaks and maintains her usual expression. The two vampires may share a meal, but they rarely converse. Moon Ryeong can't stop wondering why Helios has rekindled his interest in human food and is spending time with her while she enjoys her meal. Previously, he preferred human blood to their food. But he is gradually changing. She is intrigued, but she does not want to waste her time showing any interest in his preferences, so she chooses to remain silent.

Moon Ryeong casts an occasional glance at Helios, who does not touch the meal prepared by the waitresses and instead continues to eat the pancakes without comment. When he eats the pancakes, he has a thin smile on his face. It's not even tasty to begin with, but he seems content. For the first time, Moon Ryeong feels that the dinner she had alone with Helios that night wasn't so bad.

It's almost midnight, and Jae Rim is keeping himself busy with paperwork in order to keep himself from checking his phone. He has no idea why an unanswered message he sent to Moon Ryeong bothers him so much. Why does he keep thinking about her since the first time they met, why does he continue to worry her? He doesn't understand. But that night, he made the decision to give up. She might have already dozed off at that point.

Jae Rim was about to fall asleep in his bed when he felt a vibration from his phone. He stated that he would give up on Moon Ryeong, who does not respond to him at all. But when he feels a vibration, he can't help but check on it right away. When he notices her response, his face lights up.

"I'm fine. But there is something I'd like to ask you "She stated.

He wonders what she requires from him, but if he can assist her in any way, he will gladly do so. As a result, he welcomes her to ask him anything she requires right away.

"How did you make that pancake?" she wonders aloud. Jae Rim has to think hard to figure out which pancakes Moon Ryeong mentioned to him. When he realizes she's talking about the pancakes he made for him in Paris, a smile appears on his face. She recalls a simple meal he prepared for him, which made the man very happy.

"Can I call you to explain it? I believe it is easier to explain by phone than by text "He performs an aliby. He really just wants to hear her voice again.

"All right," she says.

She's curious about what makes her pancakes and his taste so different. Furthermore, it is extremely dishonorable to serve inedible pancakes to Helios, who is extremely picky about his food. She never intended to make it for him, but seeing him enjoy such an unpleasant taste pancake she made motivates her even more to make better pancakes.

Jae Rim will gladly explain everything to Moon Ryeong. Making pancakes is not a difficult task, but the same recipe can apply differently to distinct individuals. As a result, he gives her some pointers on how to make anti-failure pancakes. She thanks him after he explains everything to her.

"Actually, I'm overjoyed that you remember our time in Paris. More so when a simple meal I prepared for you makes a favorable impression on you "Jae Rim makes an unequivocal statement. Moon Ryeong smiles as she recalls the memories and emotions she felt at the time.

"Thank you for assisting me and allowing me to stay in your home despite the fact that we are strangers; you don't even know if I am a good person or not," she expresses her gratitude.

"Actually, I don't care whether you're good or bad. I'd do the same for you "He reacts. His words rendered her speechless. He had no idea she had almost killed him that night. Would he still feel the same way if he knew she was a monster on the inside?

"BRAAKK!!!" There is a loud crash from the basement. It surprised both Moon Ryeong and Jae Rim, who could clearly hear it over the phone.

"What's going on, Moon Ryeong-ssi?" The thought that something bad is going on around her causes Jae Rim to panic. However, Moon Ryeong does not respond. Instead, she immediately hung up the phone and placed it in a secure location. She has a bad feeling about the recent crash sound.

Moon Ryeong dashed downstairs at the speed of light, where she discovered Helios standing in the middle of the garden. He is not by himself. The vampire sank his sharp fangs into the young woman's neck and sucked her blood to the last drop. The woman tries to free herself by rebelling with her last ounce of strength. Her grip on Helios' clothes was firm. But it doesn't take long after she stops moving.

Her hand falls motionless, revealing a sprig of blue poppy flower from her palm. Helios slowly opens his eyes and reveals his red pupil once she has stopped moving. He notices Moon Ryeong staring at him from the stairs, her face troubled. Helios grins as he suctions the human's blood to the last drop.

Moon Ryeong is speechless; Helios keeps raising her hopes only to see them crash to the ground. She hoped the vampire would begin to change and become less cruel. But the monster within him would always exist. Rather than enjoying a sweet pancake, Helios would always prefer to satisfy his cruelty by killing humans and heartlessly sucking their blood. This will always be a vampire's true face.

---------------