"Oh, I see..."

After a few moments, Hestia calmed down, and sat back down on the bed next to Bell. She felt both happy and grateful, but horribly jealous, a twinge sadness crept across her face.

"Why does it have to be her?" She let out a long sigh, "...but I don't know if I can hide it from you anymore."

"Goddess?"

"She had been waiting for someone on the wall a day or two after Freya charmed Orario, at the same spot where she trained you. I was worried she wouldn't remember the Hestia familia Bell, but, as you said, she remembered you even while being charmed, that was no insignificant feat. Only someone with extremely strong feelings for you or perhaps a strong bond with you could have done that."

Could Ais possibly like me in that way, the way I like her?...I still have a ways to go to reach my goal...but still...I really want to show my appreciation and affection to her in some way.

Hestia looked down at Bell's status sheet. After a brief moment of hesitation, even though it pained her, she wrote down for the first time the skill, Liaris Freese.

"Here is your final level 4 status, congratulations Bell, you've leveled up. You're now officially a first-tier adventurer."

Bell scanned his status sheet with great eagerness.

"Goddess, I got a new skill!"

"Well, about that...you've ummm...you've actually had that skill since the day you fell for Miss Wallen-whosit."

"What!?...You mean I have had this skill for over six months now!? Why didn't you tell me!?"

"Because Bell, it's a truly rare skill. I was worried that other deities would come after you if they somehow found out. You aren't exactly the best at keeping a secret, one puppy-eyed look from those beautiful eyes of Wall-whosit and you would have blabbed!"

Bell couldn't deny it, those golden eyes, those most beautiful eyes were far more alluring, far more appealing to him than even those belonging to the goddess of beauty herself, Lady Freya.

Bell's mind wandered and he imagined his idol asking him his secret in a sweet, soft voice, with her sparkling, golden eyes gazing into his, her body inching closer and closer to his.

"Bell...won't you tell me how are getting so strong...I would really like to know...please for me."

Soooo cute...

"Ahhh-ummm, y-yes Miss Ais...if it's for you, I-I'll tell you."

Bell's face turned beet red.

"Bell!! See what I mean!"

Bell quickly snapped out of it.

"Sorry goddess!"

"Never mind that, but all that doesn't really matter now, because Freya has already made her move. Not only that, but she surely knows about your skill. Bell, listen to me, this skill is the real reason you have been growing so incredibly fast."

"??"

"As long as you have feelings for Miss Wallen-whatever, you'll grow at a rate proportional to the strength of your feelings for her." Hestia added with a very strong hint of jealousy.

Bell's eyes widened in shock.

"So, you're saying, that I owe my growth to Miss Ais as well?!"

"No, not exactly. You created this skill. Don't even think of discrediting yourself in the slightest! If not for your incredibly strong will and feelings for her, this skill would simply not exist or would have eventually faded away. To be honest...at least at first...I expected your feelings would eventually fade away for her..." Hestia's voice drifted off and she whispered in a barely audible voice, "I mean I still hope they might change..."