"say it"

"what.." I furrow my eyebrows lifting my head to look at him.

"say it, say what you wish I would see Ali." Mason speaks again, his voice getting louder.

"Mason I"- I start but the freelands are known for interrupting.

He gently grabs my arm and pulls me right in front of him, our faces are inches apart. There are butterflies cramped all in my stomach, there's so many they can't even flutter.

"say. it." Mason breathed locking his eyes with mine.

I couldn't stop staring into his eyes. His beautiful blue eyes I haven't forgotten since the day I saw him in the school hallway.

"This is what I'll say instead" I finally spoke up, second guessing myself.

"No Ali I"- Mason goes to talk. This time me interrupting him.

"Stop just listen, I left evies because they both wanted to hook up with these two guys. Then they found a guy who wanted to hook up with me, but I said no and left because I couldn't stop thinking about you." I finally say to him, my heart was beating out of my chest.

I thought I wasn't gonna say anything again until he realized I liked him by himself. But I was so nervous i just kept going, "i don't know if this is weird for you since I'm best friends with you're sister but I" I stop talking, my eyes widen as I realize I am just his sisters best friend.

"I- nevermind" I back away from him.

"Ali come on!" Mason sounded defeated now.

"Mason I have to go, I- I just can't do that to Tracy, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Mas I'm an idiot." I apologized stumbling around his room trying to get my things.

"Ali I swear to god if you walk out that door I'm never gonna talk to you again." Mason grabs my wrist forcing me to look at him.

"Ali look me in my eyes and tell me somethings not there." He says sounding hopeful.

I just know if I do this with him Tracy's not going to like it. Ive seen the way she acted when Evie pretended to flirt with him.          She would kill me if I started dating her 'loser brother'. I cant lose Tracy, she's the first person my age who cared to actually talk to me. She was my first real friend. I don't want to lose that.

"Mason, please please don't do this right now." I plead to him, earning nothing but a eyeroll head shake back.

"Make you're choice." Is all he says letting go of my wrist.

I stare at him, a singular tear rolling down my cheek. I didn't want to lose either one of them, but when it comes down to it I have to choose Tracy.

"Im sorry" I whimper, running out of his door. As tears run down my face.

While I'm running down the street I can't stop thinking about what he said. "I'll never speak to you again", he couldn't have meant that right?

I finally make it to my house, knowing my mom always forgets to lock the door I swing it open gasping for air.

"SHIT ALI!" My mom yelped, jumping up from the couch with her eyes wide.

"Where the hell have you been?" Micheal spits at me, chugging down his beer.

"oh wow mom, you decided to keep this one?" I sniffle at the two.

"I haven't seen you in weeks Ali! I've been worried sick! And this is how you speak to me?!" My mom screamed with anger. She looked at me with these eyes, the kinda eyes that showed she didn't actually care that I was gone, she only wants me to feel bad for her.

"Worried sick?" I try not to laugh. "I haven't gotten not one phone call from you mom! and neither has Mel!" I fight back voice cracks.

She just stares, plainly with nothing to say. I stare back, if looks could kill she'd be long gone.

I simply walk away, I knew they both felt stupid. Claire Neal outsmarted, who woulda thought.

I take off my clothes throwing them into the laundry basket. I open my drawers and throw on some random pjs.

I choke on tears, I try my hardest to fight them but I can't. I try going to sleep but there's nothing but tossing and turning. It's so weird not going to bed next to Tracy and Evie, I hate it.

A/N

HI GUYSSS!!! Sorry for the hold up! (If you want an actual reason to why go check my acc" I don't know how short this chapter is but the next one is coming out very soon!! Like today maybe ok bye guys love you!!

Love Ali🥀