𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐲 | 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐡𝐚 𝐗 𝐍𝐁 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐜!𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

You slowly opened your eyes and sighed heavily.

"If you kept humming a little longer then I would've fallen asleep."

She let out an annoyed groan and sighed heavily. You chuckled at the fact that she too was annoyed that you didn't fall asleep. Thus, you grabbed her cheeks gently and looked down at her. As you did, you watched her cheeks turn a rosy pink as her green irises stared deep into yours.

"How about you leave being angry about my lack of sleep to me. You focus on being precious and helping around."

"H-Huh? Okay."

Her face only turned a darker shade of pink after your comment, and you couldn't help but actually find that cute. Unfortunately for her, you let go and rolled her off your lap to rub your legs which had fallen asleep. She began to pout, but you paid it no mind.

"Anyways, how was your day?"

"It was boring."

She talked and talked while all you could do was listen. Once she started, there was no chance of her not finishing. You were never the social type and Tomoha of all people knew that, but Teo never cared for it.

"(Y/N)."

Just then, a strong but gentle voice called your name. You quickly looked up at the door and saw Gladiolus with his arms crossed, his droopy expression remaining on his face as usual.

"Oh, hey, Gladi. What is it?"

You asked in the most polite way possible.

"Boss is wondering if you got supplies for the week."

"Oh, right. I'll bring it to him now."

You quickly stumbled to your feet, rushed to pick up the huge bag of supplies. Just as you were about to walk out, Gladiolus stopped you by grabbing your shoulder. You stood there, but didn't bother looking at him.

"Is there a problem, Gladi?"

"The bags under your eyes have gotten worse. Have you not been taking the pills I had given you?"

"Not everyone wants to take pills every night. Besides, those are hard to swallow.."

You tried to continue but Gladiolus kept his hold on you firm.

"Stay here with Tomoha and get some rest."

"I'm fine, Gladi."

"Boss is going to be upset with you."

You remained silent before a pair of hands wrapped around your wrist. It didn't take a genius to figure out it was Tomoha either.

"Gladiolus is right. You need rest, you haven't been getting any recently. So, please."

You side eyed the both of them before sighing and handing the bag of supplies to Gladiolus.

"Alright, fine."

You were actually happy you were getting such a chance. It was a rare opportunity, especially since you did most of the heavy lifting. Gladiolus nodded and walked away, presumably to Teo's office while Tomoha guided you to the bed.

You were going to tell her that you didn't need the help, but she seemed very eager to get you to sleep so you kept your mouth shut. You lied down in your bed with the help of Tomoha, who also joined you in the bed. It wasn't the fact that she jumped in the bed with you that surprised you. It was the fact that she cradled you so tightly yet gently.

"Do you mind loosening your grip?"
You'd ask.

"Yes, I do."

She cooed while gently rubbing your back. Before you could say anything back, she began to hum. It wasn't the same song as before, but instead a more soft and gentle lament. Your eyes began to droop, and you subconsciously snuggled up against the girl beside you. This was where you wanted to be. Well, at least it's where you wanted to fall asleep at.

Just before you fell unconscious, humming came to a close and a pair of lips touched your forehead.

"Rest well, (Y/N)."

The End.