☆ one ☆

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Roselyn was never the girl who could adapt to foreign environments. She liked to slip in the shadows, go by unnoticed unless absolutely necessary. So for her to be moving into Nevermore Academy as a new student shook her to her core.

Luckily for her, Roselyn wasn't the only new student that day arriving at Nevermore. When she had been escorted to Ophelia Hall, she had been informed of the other student also accommodating the bedroom. A total of three students seemed potentially overcrowded to Roselyn, but she made no fuss. Apparently, the two new students were to be pairing together until they are well accustomed to their new environment.

At least they could both suffer together. Being in the same boat and all, she hoped.

Her first encounter with Enid Sinclair was definitely...different. Roselyn felt so incredibly bad for not reciprocating the same bubbly nature Enid had, and even worse at how she squeaked in pain at the overly tight hug she was brought into. She hoped she hadn't dampened the optimistic girl's mood, but it seemed impossible to her that Enid would be so positive in the morning. Not even drugs could provoke the same energy that the blondie produced... it was a mystery to her.

Waiting for the new student's arrival, Roselyn sat herself on her new bed. It seemed like she was going to be without personal space for the foreseeable future, her space shared with the new kid's making her feel uneasy. This academy might be for those outcasts from society, but the brunette had never felt so out of place. The cliques of society seemed to bleed into the supernatural world. If you had powers passed down to you, fine. Yet, ideas and the perceptions of witches seemed to be an exception to this notion; people still believe the deep-rooted idea that witches bring about the powers they hold. That their affiliations with evil were a true thing, and their abilities thrived off of their incessant greed for power over others. 

Roselyn never wished to have the abilities she did. And she certainly wouldn't sell her soul in exchange for such 'gifts'. She felt cursed; generations before her weighing her down, bearing the sins of all her ancestors in one fowl sweep. She didn't ask to have the ability to connect with the dead, feel things beyond her tactile senses, conjure thoughts and visions before they present themselves. 

Not everyone else saw it that way. So be it, may she embolden herself to fit the stereotype others assumed she was like. She didn't hope to know anyone here, much less sway the narrow-minded into befriending her. She would be unliked, sure, but she would rather be out of the spotlight for the sake of her state of mind. 

She wasn't meant to be a main character. She was okay being on the sidelines cheering on the protagonist.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Soon enough, Roselyn found herself greeting the new student, Wednesday. Standing up at the black haired girl's arrival, the brunette was shocked to see the girl's parents jovially enter. Roselyn didn't want to pay it too much mind, but her mother told her she wasn't allowed to go into the Academy with her, leaving as soon as the girl stepped foot behind the gates. Putting it to the back of her mind, she smiled politely at the people in front of her. 

"Wednesday, this is Roselyn Aiyers. Since you are both new to the Academy, we thought it would be best to pair you two together so you two settle easier," Weems started. "Both of you are sharing with Enid Sinclair, here. I'm sure she will help you with familiarising yourselves with the grounds."

After receiving a blank stare from Wednesday, and watching an awkward rejection of Enid's hug, it was finally time for tour of the grounds Enid was supposed to take them on. Thank the universe that the rest of the school wasn't as cheerful as Enid's room, if it was Roselyn supposed she would've gouged her eyes out at the sight. Not that she wasn't cheerful, but having a plethora of clashing colours everywhere soured her mood.